Thursday, September 13, 2007

One Room of My Daughter's House

These are pictures of the room my daughter painted for her two youngest girls. I'll let the pictures tell the story mostly but ask you to check out the cloud window valance she made of quilt batting she cut, separated into two plies at the top and slipped a rod through. The clouds were shaped into regular and special cloud shapes so the girls could "see" things in the "clouds" as we all like to do when we are out in a cloudy day. Don't you like the way she made the door a door of a little cottage?



The dressers in the room are old ones my older sisters had when they were young (too many years ago to go into here) my daughter freshened up with new paint and decals.


The cottage and castle on the walls were done by photocopying pictures my daughter liked in the books she reads to the girls every night. She enlarged the pictures and then cut them out and
decoupaged them to the wall.


Aren't these girls lucky? I would have loved a room like this as a child.


Since this room had the most pictures taken of it and my computer is having a lot of trouble uploading pictures right now, I will
share the other rooms when I can upload a little better. Something for
you all to look forward too!!
































4 comments:

Hélène H said...

Wow, what a lovely room !

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is going to work - you know me and computers! You did a nice job with the pictures showing what it looks like. You make me sound pretty cool - thanks!

Love, Tena

Sacredartist said...

That is the nicest girl's bedroom that I have seen. Your grand daughters are lucky!!

Dawn said...

I love the happy, happy colours! Beautiful environment for a little girl.