Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wedding Anniversary

September 16th was my 36th wedding anniversary. We celebrated by exchanging cards and going out for a chinese lunch. My husband also gave me a 2lb. box of See's chocolates he'd snuck into the car on our way home from California. He was a bit worried as he doesn't drive with the air conditioning on (just one of thousands of things we do opposite of each other) but it came through just fine and I am eating them up like I've been starving!

I used inchies to make him a banner and a card. I had to do it while he was busy and hoped he wouldn't catch me. It was simple stamping and stringing - hey these inchies fit the definition of beads too! Just thought I would share this idea as I think they turned out pretty neat. It's hard to shop when we go almost everywhere together and I almost always make my gifts anyhow.

7 comments:

Bonny said...

Congratulations to both of you, Timaree!! Thirty-six is pretty wonderful!

Sounds like you had a really nice day of celebrating, too.

beadbabe49 said...

awww...you both look so mellow! congratulations!

GraceBeading said...

Wow, congratulations to both of you! Both of you look quite content.

Carole said...

Happy 'slightly-belated' anniversary!

carolann said...

Congratulations to you both xxxxxx

sammy said...

Great face beaded pin! Never would have thunk to you use big beads! Way cool idea... so you are a Scorpio... me too! Congrats on your anniversary.... womething to be very proud of and how can it not be when hubby gets you chocolate... yummo
hugs

Tally said...

Congrats to you and your husband!

Interesting how different some customs are in different countries. Here in Germany I don't think husband and wife would even think of exchanging cards. Cards are not such a big deal, e.g. for Christmas, like in the U.S.