Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Journal Cover

I'm taking a class with Mary Ann called Remains of the Day.
We make a journal cover and fill it with papers in her style. It's outside of my box as it is much more free-form than I usually am. Why don't you take a look here for the class as I believe it's ongoing although she'll be on vacation and won't allow more signups till she comes back on the 16th. You will enjoy it so do check it out.

This is my journal cover. I've still got to fill it which I am finally able to do. I wasn't going to prepare any till I finished the cover! The square of lace in the middle is from my wedding veil as it some gauzy fabric just above and to the left of that square as shown in the picture at right.
I added a pink poodle because I love poodles and want a teensy tine pink one someday when all my current fur babies are gone.
Later I'll show the full journal when it's done.






7 comments:

Tammy Freiborg said...

Such a cheery journal cover! Good luck finding a pink poodle! How about a white one with pink sweater and pink bows?!

Krista Meister said...

This is beautiful, Timaree! So many layers and so much to take in visually.

freebird said...

Thankyou Tammy and Krista. Tammy, my current dog's groomer says there is non-toxic pink dye for dogs. I asked because I wondered if it was possible. My son doesn't believe I would do it but now he's challenged me, lol!

Melissa S. said...

Love the colors and feel of your journal Timaree!! I know it was agonizing for you to wait until after your trip to get started, but look what a beautiful outcome! Can't wait to see your pages.

Amanda said...

This is SO pretty! I love the soft colors and how feminine it looks! Beautiful work as usual!! :-)

bubblemunch said...

Happy New Year!

Your cover is so pretty. How lovely to incorporate a part of your wedding veil. It will cement alot of your happy memories with the new ones you'll be creating and experiencing this coming year.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Timaree I am loving your new journal cover. It is beautiful. Love the fabrics you used.