Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hmmmm.....



I was just wondering how everyone is doing? Are you having fun getting ready for Christmas? Is it more stressful this year than last? More joyful? I really hope you are all having more fun and if you aren't I hope you can find a space to stop, take a deep breath and relax for a few minutes.

I finally finished my Christmas cards and am getting them mailed out. Here's what I came up with this year. I stopped making originals for each person - that was taking the fun out of it as time would fly by and then I'd feel stressed and rushed.

Now who has baked anything for Christmas? I've made some brown sugar fudge that I started making after my mother-in-law died. My husband missed the candy and his mom so I tried making it. After three failures (in one day), I said a prayer and it must have been heard as the fudge has come out fine now for the last 25+ Christmases! So, please, let me know what you are cooking up. Let's have some fun!

2 comments:

Carol said...

I haven't done a thing. Nope, no baking. My sister keeps sending cheesecakes from QVC. Luckily I am not eating them, but they keep disappearing!! I did make brownies last weekend which the wrestling team that hangs out her devoured them.

Ours is a laid back Christmas. I am even switching the menu up this year. No ham. I think it will be Cornish Hens and Polish sausage. I just haven't thought much about it. Whatever I do will be good, and involve the Nesco Roaster. I'm just going to enjoy my company and family and maybe some card games. Terry is a Euchre nut...I like Michigan Rum. (The card game, Not a drink)

Merry Christmas. Life is good.

Sheep Rustler said...

I have done my Christmas shopping and my contribution to Christmas lunch with the extended family is two pavlovas, which can't be made till the day before.

Other than that, packing! Thanks for the good wishes. CFS is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, btw. I am much better these days but it doesn't take much to give me a relapse and I fear that this might well. But never fear, at least I will have a nice house to collapse into! Have a great Christmas :)