Monday, January 31, 2011

Playing Around


While making the cards in the Valentine class I mentioned in the last post I made some practice roses and didn't want to throw them away. I kind of get attached to my work practice or not (except when it comes out reeeeaaalllly bad). So, I painted and gessoed and collaged in my practice bits and then filled in with writing. I would have to say this was pure fun. I didn't have any real project or outcome in mind when I started. I just didn't want to throw the roses away. So I played! And this is the result. I'm rather pleased with myself just now. Hope you enjoy the page too.

6 comments:

Carol said...

These are cool! But its the words behind that really set them off. I'm ALMOST ready to say Happy Valentines Day.

Janet Ghio said...

Love these pink pages-the roses and the words!

BonnieRose said...

these are amazing.. love your roses.. they are gorgeous! xo Love your writing too.. so so artsy. I love it!

Rita said...

I have seen so many people making these awesome collage journals. These pages are really pretty and I like that you painted your own watercolors. :)

Cindy said...

Love the roses! You did a great job. And what a great page, too!

Possum said...

I have such a passion for roses and these are just perfect...imagine a whole wall covered in them...bliss