Monday, March 21, 2011

Rainy Day!

This pear has nothing to do with the title. I just wanted to show it as I am happy with how it turned out. It's done in an old journal I made for a class so the page had white spatters on it and in another spot some really ugly bleedthroughs. First I drew a graphite pencil sketch and then used colored pencil to color it in. I made the pear in response to a green challenge and now have the challenge of finishing my journal page to work around the ugly spots or to incorporate them.

Mostly I just want to shout out "it's raining, it's raining"! Not a deluge by any means but over 1/4 inch to be sure and maybe 1/2 inch. That's a big deal for us here in the desert. Of course it also means all the little weeds are going to grow and then make stickers that attach to my dogs, gets transferred to the carpet and maybe my bed or bathrobe and that part is no fun at all but still, it's raining!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Your drawings are really becoming very amazing. This pear looks like a real one sitting on a table. I love it because its not perfect..you know..not the perfect pear shape. Cool.

Cheryl Gebhart said...

This is beautifully done Timaree. The color is perfect.

Janet Ghio said...

Your pear is wonderful! It looks real-very nice!!

Jacq said...

Your pear is wonderful. My daughter and family moved to Surprise to get out of the NW rain. I always smile when she gets sprinkled on. A blessing from home.

freebird said...

Carol, Cheryl and Janet, thanks so much. With colored pencil I tend to try for real-looking so it seems I made it!

Jacq, I think Surprise actually gets more rain than we do. It's much warmer there in the winter too but then comes that summer when I am glad I am up here in Kingman instead.

Deborah said...

This is very beautifully done, Timaree. I love doing these simple subject like an apple or pear. Excellent!