Sunday, December 16, 2007

Merry Christmas

I just want to wish everyone a very happy Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful year coming up. I hope you enjoy family, friends and pets and find yourself blessed through them. I know I have been blessed by all of these this past year and I am looking forward to next year.


This card is made by collaging a sheet of cardstock with old tissue paper and old gift wrap. I sponged a little gold glaze over the whole thing and then stamped stars on it with gold paint. It was then cut into card-sized pieces and glued to blank cards. I spray painted a sheet of corrugated cardboard with gold spray paint and then stamped it with black ink and images from Stampfrancisco.com. I took fibers from On the Surface that I got several years ago and strung seed beads on them. Then I cut them into segments leaving a bead on each segment which I glued with a touch of Elmer's glue.

You'll see I goofed on the font size. When you change fonts, don't just glance at it to see if it's still okay. READ it. I didn't and I left off the very last word but everyone knows what the word is. I didn't notice till all the pages were glued into the decorated cards!

I hope you enjoyed the card and I thank you for visiting.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

7 comments:

abeadlady said...

Very nice card. I didn't think it was too preachy at all. After all, isn't his birth what Christmas is all about?

Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year to you and yours.

KV said...

This is a beautiful card. Hope your Christmas is just as beautiful . . .

Kathy V in NM

Hélène H said...

Wow it's a terrific card, very thoughtful and full of love. Thank you.

And Happy holidays to you and your family, may it be filled with love and joy !

Cyndi L said...

Thank you for sharing your card. Christmas *should* be all about Jesus :-)

Cyndi L

Layers Upon Layers

Kiwi Ellen said...

I love your card. It epitomizes what Christmas is about perfectly

Merry Christmas to you & your family

Mary Timme said...

I think my favorite line is the first one: Jesus came to unlock our hearts. . .Isn't that the best!

JoTee said...

Your greeting card for the holidays is delightful, I just love how you decorated the front. I paint tissue paper & use it for backgrounds to.