Monday, March 30, 2009

January BJP Page

I finally finished my January page. (No you didn't miss one,
I still don't have December done).

This page came about as a real journal entry. In January two women made my family miserable so I thought I'd put it down in beads.

One of the women who made us miserable is my son's principal where he is interning as a teacher in San Diego. He teaches both science and math which is supposedly a much sought after skill. His principal liked him well enough at first and wanted him to try for getting known as a star teacher (any teachers out there will know more than me about this but I understand less than 10% of teachers get this). But, they had a run-in when my son didn't want to kick one of his students out for not trying and being a problem. (I guess a lot of the kids are problems in this school and that's why they come to it in the first place). He was against it because the boy had started shaping up and was now doing his work on time and participating in the class - in other words he'd turned around and my son wanted to give him a chance. Well, the principal didn't and said with his parents being well-educated they could take him elsewhere. My son doesn't believe in helping one kid less because his parents are better supposedly in some way - a kid who needs help is a kid who needs help. Then my son didn't watch the Presidential inauguration with the students which he found out later the principal wanted and when she questioned him on it he said he would think it's a momentous day when race doesn't make the day momentous anymore. So, he will be finding a new job next year. That one person can kick him out of the intern-teacher's program. His student's love him, by the way because he IS fair to them. So his being a great beginning teacher doesn't count if politics becomes involved.

The second woman was a family friend from Italy (currently lives in Vegas)who was visiting my daughter and her family. To make a long story short here, the woman's daughter jumped on the family dog and grabbed him around the throat while he was chewing a bone. The little girl either got nipped or scratched (the girl says scratched) on the face and had a few bleeding spots. My daughter stopped the bleeding right away but several hours later the mom wanted her daughter to go to the emergency room where she demanded a plastic surgeon even though the doctor on duty said no stitches were needed. The next day they went from my daughter's home to their own. And then a call came that the dog was to be picked up for quarantine. It turns out (by the animal control's own admission) that the mom wanted the dog killed not just quarantined even though under these circumstances the usual thing is to quarantine a dog at his own home. Well the dog was taken for 10 days, no rabies showed up and he went home (they would not kill him no matter that the mom was calling all day every day for them to do that). The reason this was a really big deal is the dog belongs to my grandson who has anxiety problems and ADHD and more and the girl's mom knew all this. She turned on my daughter's family as even now she is trying to sue them and this after they sponsored her husband to become an American, helped them buy a car, and so much more.

Well, I decided to make a page depicting the two women who caused so much heartache. January's page was to be red so I skipped December for the time being and went for January. I was certainly "seeing red"! My granddaughter had the molds and polyclay for the faces so we made them when I was visiting. The red beads for the hair were a gift from my oldest sister as were the short bugle beads. The 18 ought beads I got with a gift certificate my daughter gave me a couple of years ago so I was able to keep up my use of gifted beads. For once I didn't cover the fabric completely. It just didn't seem to need it. I felt like it was the right color and had the right design to go with the mood of the piece. I'd told my sister I felt like making them like voodoo dolls but she said to just blow them to the wind rather than hold onto them and their hurt so I added all the little swirls for that.

This is probably the most direct journaling I've done so far in the project. It just made sense to do it. Now what to do for December in red-orange? Hmm...

12 comments:

Joan Cromley said...

I love the journaling aspect of the piece, and how topsy-turvy people can make our worlds. I hope only good things come in on the winds that blow those bad feelings away!

Carol said...

Yes, you have to let it go and I hope you can. I think the journaling helps.

Your post is just perfect examples of how unfair things can be. Its hard to deal with people that have hateful hearts.

Perhaps your consolation will be to consider Karma and know that their acts will come back to them, one way or another.

Brenda said...

Your piece is so full of emotion, even without the story I could tell where you were.
I hope the journaling helped let go of some of that angst.

future mantra said...

Nice blog. Only the willingness to debate and respect each other’s views keeps the spirit of democracy and freedom alive. Keep up the good work. Hey, by the way, do you mind taking a look at this new website www.indianewsupdates.com . It has various interesting sections. You can also participate in the OPINION POLL in this website. There is one OPINION POLL for each section.

Kindly note: The comments section is having problems so you may not be able to comment right now but it will available in a few days. We are also planning to get Live Cricket in our website within this week.

Kindly go through the entire website. Who knows, it might just have the right kind of stuff that you are looking for. If you like this website, can you please recommend it to at least 5 of your friends. Your little help would help us in a big way.

Thank you,

The Future Mantra

Robin said...

Didn't have to read your stories to know there's some anger here! I'm so glad you made the swirls so you can let it go a little. Your daughter and son are handling their respective situtions and need you to be supportive, optimistic, creative and loving rather than negative and angry... Seems like working on this piece does that for you. May the three of you have only nurturing women in your lives this year! Hugs, Robin A.

beadbabe49 said...

I also could feel the emotion of the piece even before I read about it...I love the therapeutic aspect of beading as well as the meditative aspect.

Hélène H said...

It's a beautiful, powerful piece you did there, Freebird !

I really like the energy that comes from it, and also the sense of humor.

Congratulations on winning over anger, and frustrating people !

heidibeads said...

Yes, red really shows the anger you feel. What a piece you've created, it really is powerful. I hope things have calmed down now for you and your family. I feel for your son, being a teacher myself and getting the raw end of the deal. I know he will find a much better place to be where he is appreciated for he concern for the children and not the politically correct thing to do.

Janice said...

This is a stunning piece of work and your journalling is so honest. Thank you for sharing.

CC said...

I LOVE this piece! I can't believe what your family has had to go thru' tho'! I agree with everyone who said we could feel the emotion in this one!
Good work on a beautiful piece coming from the ashes!
Warmest aloha,
CC

Marty S said...

This is a powerful and beautiful piece. Your emotions show through--and they should in a journal. I hope things turn around for everyone.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

pam T said...

Despite the anger in this piece, it is really really beautiful! I agree with Carol, you have to let it go and chalk it up to a learning experience all around and definitely that unfair acts by people usually get bit themselves in the end. At least I hope so! Hope you had a beautiful Easter - love the pic of the group by the cross!