Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another Inchy?


Yes, another inchy. It seems I am not being too creative lately but really that's not the case. I just finished a spoon rack I've had sitting here since November. The end of November but yes, it's been a long time coming. I think it turned out great though. The pictures show the before and after. What do you think? Originally, this rack was my mother's. After she died and my dad redid the house I painted it for him. Now it's mine and it was time for another update.


Now for my inchy. The theme for this week and last is trees. I was visiting family last week so I am glad it was a two-week time span for this one. This was suggested by Karen known as Missy K and her blog can be seen here . This is for the group you can find here at Inchybyinch. I drew the tree with markers and added some text. Come and join us. We can always use some new inchy artists.

7 comments:

Julie said...

The spoon rack looks great Timaree, very pretty colours and lovely that it has come to you now.

beadbabe49 said...

Love the spoon rack and the jars that go with it!
I'm getting into bigger pieces again (thank goodness!) but may go back to inchies next winter..;)

a2susan said...

Hi, Freebird. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm glad it helped support your views! Don't forget, you live in a very conservative state, so it's harder to be more to the center or left politically.

I've been following your inchie and drawing progress for some time. I love seeing how much can be done on such a small area.

Susan

Magpie Sue said...

I love those canisters and the influence they've had on the spoon rack!

Mary Timme said...

I like the new paint job! I think you did great and I like the apple tree too!

Fiona Whitehead said...

Love the spoon rack Timaree - and great inchy tree you've drawn. thanks for teh hare pictures - I'd love to visit Arizona one day - I have relatives there somewhere!

bubblemunch said...

The spoon rack looks fantastic with the jars - a real fiesta of colour. Lovely!