Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers. It's a quiet day for me with my husband still recovering from surgery. I spent the morning drawing this sketch, then baking a Burnt Sugar Cake which I will have to eat all by myself since my husband doesn't like it and there is no one else around. Aw, poor me, lol. Then I went back to my sketch and added gouache. Now, what to have for dinner is the question. It seems today is mostly art and food for me! My son called to say happy mother's day and I am waiting for my daughter to call later. Life is pretty good.

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

How much cake have you had today? Did you share with the birds and dogs? Your drawing/painting brightened my day. Happy Mother's Day!

Claire M said...

Happy Mother's Day to you. I can sense that you are celebrating it similar to me -- without my kids around as they are older and have moved on. Cherish your memories and enjoy making more art!!

Carol said...

Believe it or not, I was thinking of you this morning! I hope you had an enjoyable day, and aren't too crazy on that sugar high!!

I have a pot almost identical to the one you sketched on the far right. I love it.

Hope your husband is well and recovering nicely.

Take good care.
xx, Carol

sweetcheeks said...

I hope your mothers day is a good one. Is the patient healing well?
I love your painting and do more for me to enjoy.

sweetcheeks said...

The picture of the wild red head is one from SuziBlus class of Piety and Passion. It is a really fun class that focuses on the Tutors and drawing characters from that reign. My ability to draw faces has improved a bit from her class and I have really learned a lot from her. She shows videos and some history and makes the class very interesting.
Men don't take illness well at all!!!

Julie said...

So glad to hear your husband came through his surgery Timaree :o)