Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Imaginary Trip to England













It's been another fun trip with Laure Ferlita. This time we went to England and what a comprehensive trip we had! We went to some pubs of which I painted my favorite. We went to a national park in Wales called Snowdonia. Touring some interesting neighborhoods was part of our trip as you can see by the house and castle doors I've painted. Seeing some historical stuff like a ruined abbey and Stonehenge were even part of the trip as going to the palace and seeing the changing of the guards.

Exciting and I learned so much about sketching with watercolor. I encourage anyone who has wanted to try watercolors but has been too afraid to hop onto one of her trips and have fun while learning. She is starting up a couple of general (no trip this time) classes in watercolor journaling also so click on that Imaginary Trips logo button on the right and join us.

10 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

What a wonderful "trip" and such lovely ittle paintings!!

Carol said...

Golly! Your work is absolutely beautiful. You are so multi-talented!

I'm very impressed!
xx, Carol

Julie said...

By the time I got to the end I thought you really had been to England! What a great idea and your sketches and notes are wonderful. Lovely work :o)

Jo said...

Lovely view of England, but you really should've 'visited' Kent, I'd have given you a traditional cream tea;O)
Lovely paintings and notes.

freebird said...

Julie and Jo - nest trip to England I'll stop by and see you, lol. Travelling by internet only gets me so far but it's still fun!

Thanks all for commenting.

Deb said...

You are a very gifted artist. I love your paintings.

Love the idea of traveling this way.

Deb

Adine said...

Wow! I'm very impressed with your beautiful sketches of England!

Jacq said...

Your paintings are beautiful. Looks like the trip was wonderful, however you traveled. I might have to go on one of these trips.

Deborah said...

This is the most fun and lovely thing I've seen. The idea is so inspiring. Love it!

Nigel said...

I've just stumbled across your work while blog-hopping at lunch time. The name caught my eye - I can't think why. I love your trip to England, maybe next time you should venture out to the lake district or the peaks.

Cheers from another Freebird

P.S. Don't ever tell a Welshman he's English :p