Sunday, April 6, 2008

Coming Up Roses

The theme for this week's inchies was lace. It sounded easy enough. And when I checked on the blog for the group I checked the comments to see if anyone had theirs done. Two people did and when I went to see their pictures here and here I found some great inchies. But they didn't help me with what I had on hand to create with so...



I used some gift wrap and a piece of a shopping bag from Italy to make my backgrounds. I had a piece of tatted lace I'd made years ago so that was put on one and a piece of paper doily on the other. Then I added a ribbon rose to each and some gold krylon ink to the edges. I am happy enough with these.


I guess I should get some rubber stamps that would work with such a small sized surface. It would give me more to choose from for making them into little pieces of art. Right now I just feel like I am decorating a square tile!



Actually I started with four bases: one of the others had pink giftwrap and the first piece of honiton lace I made added to it but then I got stuck as to where to go so it sits while I ponder it. The other had the same striped giftwrap as the top picture but red paper doily attached before I once again, got stuck. If anyone has any ideas I sure wouldn't mind hearing them! Do you make some and get stuck halfway through? Do you end up just tossing some? Or do you make them work for you?






8 comments:

Debbi Baker said...

These inchies are really sweet - I love the way you have incorporated the lace!!

Danielle D said...

I love these inchies! Somehow, they remind of of confectionary - tiny and perfectly formed. And kind of delicious.

Kimmie said...

I love your inchies! They're all beautiful! - even the "unfinished ones."
Sometimes if I feel "stuck" I just leave it alone and come back to it later (like you said) and often times it's perfect just the way it is -

That hand-tatting is amazing. That may be one of those lost arts that should be kept alive.

judie said...

I've never done an inchie. I can't imagine working so small. It's hard enough doing an ATC! Kudos to your beautiful artwork!

GraceBeading said...

They are all absolutely beautiful!

Mary Timme said...

Wow! I see an inch and think, it is so small, what can I do with it. You see an inch and go to town with it. These are really varied.

Jacq said...

Your inchies are beautiful. You have so much detail in such a small space. You are inspiring to make some more.

daisy said...

Opps ... I missed looking at your inchie(s) last week. These are lovely & you have put so much work into making them :o)