Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Post!

I finally have something new to share. It's my new inchie for the InchybyInch blog group. The theme for this week was to include a hat. I usually take forever to think of something different to do but decided too many don't get made because of that. I figured K.I.S.S. was the answer for me. This is my result.

The face started as a circle that I cut a slit in to make it more 3-D but when I glued it down to the backing I smooshed it too much and flattened it out. Just a simple paper folded hat like we all made when we were kids.


The picture with my cat shows how I am doing my inchies now. I cut an empty facial tissue box into squares and ATC backs. This way the backside has something nice on it and I am recycling a tiny bit. Someone (I wish I could remember who) said they put their inchies in their grandmother's candy dish. The only way to keep them looking nice that way is to make the backs look nice too. I thought the candy dish idea was a good one so I found an easy way to make the backs nice. I certainly didn't need to try to do both sides; I'd never get one done!

Hope you enjoyed your visit. Come again!

8 comments:

Janet said...

I like your idea about K.I.S.S. Sometimes I think that's part of my problem, too. I think things to death!

Your inchie is cute and I'm sure it will look great in a candy dish with lots of others. I recycle every box that I get!! I cut them into ATCs and postcard sizes. Just one more thing I can do to help Mother Nature!

carolann said...

Your inchy is fantastic hun xxx

Char said...

Your inchie is cute.

AngelaC said...

Ahhh this is gorgeous and funny! I love the hat.

Aino said...

Great! Wonderful inchie.

Simone said...

The hat is really good, great inchie!

Helena said...

I love this one! It makes me smile! And your pusscat is gorgeous! Please give her/him a scratch around the jaw for me. (My cats love that. LOL)

Paul said...

Great inchy - you must have a lot of patience to work on this size
TFS
Paul