Thursday, October 16, 2008

Weekly Inchie



Hi everyone. I have my inchy for the week done. The theme for this week was "sun". This is my take on it. I used a white square - one inch of course - rubbed on a bit of blue ink, stamped it with a sun stamp and coated it with UTEE to set the pigment ink. I added glitter to the edges and a few beads and there you have it, my version of sun. You can join us by making one of your own and posting it in the comments section at Inchybyinch.

I rather like how this came out with several layers of UTEE melted over all the layers. It's rather like a tile making me think about making some as tiles for a mosaic. Hmmm, well after I get a few more things done!

11 comments:

BumbleVee said...

your inchy is beautiful! one more thing to try.... think I've seen that stuff at Michael's ....

Doreen G said...

I like how this tile has turned out--UTEE is wonderful stuff isn't it.

Bonny said...

I love your Inchie/tile design! Looks quite like it could be something used by an ncient tribe for their mosaics.

daisy said...

Brilliant inchie. Luv the idea of making a mosaic, so I hope it's not too far down your list of projects :o)

abeadlady said...

Great Inchie. Thank you so much for the beautiful Face Pin. I will enjoy it.
You have been tagged for a meme. See my blog for details.
Arline

Carole said...

A wonderful inchie. :-)

Fiona said...

Wow - fabulous inchy - I've never tired UTEE -

yes the little leaves are eyelets - and I've changed it to email me for the Xmas swap - makes it easier!

Bobi said...

That's wonderful! I love UTEE. It's just neat stuff! I stop by to see your inchies every week, actually. I might try some soon :)
With all the snow we have right now, the sun is the perfect thing I needed to see, lol

BTW, thanks for your comment. It made me think and figure out some things.

- Bobi

carolann said...

This is brilliant hun love the colours it looks so textured xxxxx

Unknown said...

This is so lovely! It has the look of a ceramic tile - and to think it's only 1 inch! Amazing!

MaryjoO said...

definitely looks like a nice tile ... and then I was thinking ... froot loops (on the sides!) but small -- wow!!