Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Cards

I've got my cards done and mailed. I took part in a card exchange this year and sent the original of this colored pencil drawn card to the person I was trading with (it was a group trade but each person was given one person in the group for which to make a card. That way we could go to their blog to see what they might like and make a card accordingly - a neat way to do a trade. No one knew who would be making theirs).

I liked the card so much that I decided to make prints of the kitty and glue them onto cards I made with Elements which I am learning how to use. Originally these were all going to be red cards with green envelopes but I goofed so many times on my layout of the words I ran out of red cardstock. So now I have red cards with green envelopes and green cards with red envelopes and the recipients won't know it was due to mistakes. The envelopes are handmade out of Dick Blick construction paper. It is actually a nice 80 pound weight craft paper and I don't think they call it construction paper anymore. The colors and feel of it are great. I recommend everyone try it for crafting. I think you'll like it.


Hope you are all busy getting ready for your holidays be they Christmas, Hannukah or Kwanzaa. It's good to celebrate something especially when times are not so good.

8 comments:

Bonny said...

It's a beautiful card, Timaree!!!
What a coincidence though, I have a kitty up on my Blog today, too!! :)

Mary Timme said...

What a totally neat idea. I'm thinking that might be a way to go for me next year! Making my own! Why not, I asked myself. Seems like a great idea! And tomorrow is an art day here! Yippee!

Magpie Sue said...

Good job (and nice save)!

beadbabe49 said...

Love the kitty cards! I've got my image ready but haven't done the cards yet....guess it's about time, eh?

pam T said...

your cards are adorable! and love how your granddaughters decorated for you... the turkeys are great!

happyjacqui said...

Congratulations on getting your cards done. I failed miserably on that front and resorted to shop bought cards to send back the UK and elsewhere.
Your cat is adorable, I love the expression "who do you think you are, making a drawing of me!'

Scrappy Cat said...

Love your cards! And I think it's really cute having some on green and some on red - looks like you planned it that way.

Shropshire Scrapper Suz said...

Hi..love your blogs too and thanx for the welcome to the group Timaree
Gorgeous cards