Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A New Inchy


This week's theme from Inchy by Inch is Trees. I can do trees. I didn't have a tree stamp and especially not one small enough to do an inchy but I did have a tiny 3-leaf sprig stamp so I stamped it all over the top of my inchy for the tree top. Then I took a fine tip pen and added a few more leaves and a trunk. Colored the whole picture with watercolor pencils and wet it down. I edged the square with a wet watercolor pencil and felt it was done.
Hope you enjoy this little tidbit and wish some more people would join in. You can draw, stamp, paint, quilt, embroider or bead an inchy. They cover all the art stuff you can think of so don't be shy - come on!

13 comments:

Tracey N. said...

LOVE IT!! Then again I have a thing for trees. You are amazing at getting the detail in such a small space!

Carol said...

I love your inchies. It always amazes me what you put in 1 inch square! You are very talented.

trudger said...

i like the tree inchy

Barbara said...

Very sweet!

Mary Timme said...

That is a cute happy tree. It is snowing here today and a car just about didn't make the corner, slid onto the sidewalk at the far side of the street and manage to make it, just barely! Fun in the snow here.

Jacquie said...

Great idea with the stamp! I may have to do some inchies, but not 'til spring...not enough hours in the day. They look so fun!

pam T said...

Love the tree inchy! Have to admit, I have little inchies lying about here on my desk, all blank, was planning on joining in the fun, but was distracted by life, but you look like you have such fun with them I may have to distract myself with them too! I like all your pics from where you live... it's so interesting to see others' habitats...

Virginia said...

Wonderful inchie.Gorgeous work of art..Love it..

BumbleVee said...

It is amazing how much we can get on an inch once we sit there and stare at an inch til we get the proper focus isn't it??
great idea to use the leaf stamp over and over... a prefect tree.... of course, at this time of year..I seemed totally focused on the Christmas variety....lol.......hey.. I didn't even think about it...but a person could make a pear tree and still be in keeping with the season...

Fiona Whitehead said...

what a lot in a small space - love your tree.

Magpie Sue said...

Have you ever done a beaded inchie? Wonder whether I could keep up with this challenge? The two inch Pink Artist squares were fun; not sure I could go much smaller than that.

The Lone Beader said...

I LOVE this one!

The Lone Beader said...

I LOVE this one!