Wednesday, April 29, 2009

December BJP

I have finally finished my BJP page for December. Remember
I have already done January - I am behind but not quite that badly!

This page is done in red-orange to continue on my colorwheel scheme. The beads that were given to me (the other part of my scheme) are the blue and greenish beads that make up the tree. They are actually miracle beads and the clear coating doesn't look near as nice in the picture. The square beads were also gifts.

My meanings for this page:
  1. A Christmas tree - after all this is December so I am celebrating this holiday. These beads were given to me by my grandchildren for Christmas two years ago.
  2. Presents which we get and give to those we love. In this case, the presents are made of the cube beads my son gave me for Christmas last year and they represent the gift of having four grandchildren. Notice how they are all tied up in ribbon. That's because they are so special to me.
  3. The ripples going out from the tree represent how Christmas plannings and doings seem to grow and grow.
  4. The bit of space between the edging and the main beading caught my eye as I worked on the edging. I thought about fixing it so the fabric wouldn't show since this piece is an all-over beaded style. I decided it fits in very well with my Christmas theme as it is since it seems Christmas always has a way of doing what it wants and plans we make just don't always come off as we'd like. The best thing is to just go with the flow of each year so I left the space as is. This is a journal page after all. I'm not making the piece for a contest.

At first I was thinking how badly I centered the tree. It is way off but it seems to have worked out anyhow in the end. I thought it was going to be too plain at first as the only thing I originally had in mind was the tree. It sure came together in the end as I let the piece work itself out. I am quite happy with it.

Now I am ready to begin February and I have what I think are some perfect gifted beads for the month. They are rather clunky for such a small piece but we'll see how they work out. Wish me luck!


14 comments:

Mary Timme said...

I think it is a sweet and charming tree. I got to see some photos of last year's work that you did. So nice to see them on the screen. Beautiful!

Brenda said...

I am glad you are sticking with it. I enjoy reading your blog and looking at the fine work you do.
Kudos to you!

a2susan said...

Dear Freebird,
I am so glad that you are sticking with the bjp. Sometimes I have to take a "news reading" break, because I get so caught up in the despair of the world that it overwhelms me. I really like your Dec piece and your treasures under the tree.

Carol said...

Hi Timaree

I was surprised to read that you thought of giving the project up.
But I know all about not feeling like doing something, but in my world that would be stuff like cleaning the bathroom, dishes, dusting lol.

Glad you are staying with the Project. I love your beadwork. Lets face it, you put a lot of thought in that little Christmas Tree.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi, I wanted to visit you and say thanks for visiting me on my blog and leaving a lovely comment, it was very kind of you and I hope you visit again! I didn't know which blog was current so I visited both and left messages on the other one too!! You have great things here!!

Have a lovely weekend! Carolyn :o)

Cyndi L said...

What a joyful piece, Timaree! Thanks so much for NOT quitting on us...fasting from the news is often a good decision :-)

Beadin' Gram/aka Jackie said...

You're ahead of me --- I just began my November piece -- but come the end of May my schedule is clear for a few weeks == who knows, I may even catch up LOL.

I love the tree and it's surroundings -- it is truly a delicate lovely piece.

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi Timaree...I'm so glad you aren't giving up on BJP, your beading and journaling are wonderful! I thought the same thing for awhile too because I fell so behind, but just got caught up myself and I know you will too!

I love your December page...it is lovely! I love the gifts and what they represent, your thoughts for the ripples, and that the best thing is to just go with the flow...isn't that the truth!

I enjoyed your January page also. Love the faces and the red beads that you used...it's very full of emotion. I love that you beaded swirls and went with what your sister said...let it go and blow the hurt to the wind!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing all your colorwheel pages...they will be wonderful together!

Have a nice weekend...~Lisa ;-)

Magpie Sue said...

I love how every little detail carries meaning in your pieces. I think that's great.

I'm impressed at how you've included inchies in traditional journals too. What fabulous treasures for your grandchildren to have!

robin michelle said...

I really like your tree! The presents representing your grandchildren are wonderful. It's great the way you've incorporated beads you've received from family - I like that!

pam T said...

Oh Timaree - I am SO glad you are not quitting! you have much to share with us and I always love seeing your work and your words and your drawings - Hang in there, take a break from the always-sensational-seeking medias and concentrate on the things important to you. It will all flow again.

freebird said...

Mary, you went to Robins showing then? Super. Wish I could have.

News can disrupt a life that's for sure. I am happier now that I'm back. It feels good to read all your statements!

Marty S said...

It's a wonderful page--so much meaning with the gifted beads.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Robin said...

Welcome "home" Timaree!!!! You are very wise to have seen the newspaper trap and found your way out of it. I LOVE your tree... It's so you and so beautiful!!!

Robin A.