Well, mine partly since I don't know HTML and
have to depend on Blogger to get it right for me.
The Inchybyinch blog has been going for one year as I mentioned in my last inchy post. This week we are celebrating it. Fiona has offered some blog candy to those who post an inchy on their blog and on the Inchybyinch blog under this week's post. Another entry can be made by becoming a follower of the blog. That's a very nice way to celebrate your blog and all the inchers who try to keep up with the challenges.
This week's inchy theme is Bling! I did my best to come up with what I think of as bling. I figure it means sparkle and plenty of it. My husband
figures it means gaudiness which just goes to show you what he knows, lol! I used a sparkly amber looking button with little plastic rhinestones on top of a background I made for an inchy tutorial in my journal (more about that in a minute). I added glitter around the edges to give it more sparkle.
I used a new glue I found at Beverly's craft store when I visited California. I like it that it has a good, immediate grab and that it is clear. I don't like how it leaves little strings. I first noticed
them when I took a photo of the inchy and saw it
in my windows photo gallery. I tried to get most of it off and retook the picture
. Much better but something to be careful about. If anyone has any ideas on how to reduce stringing please let me
(and everyone else) know by leaving a comment
The glue is called 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue by Beacon .
Now on to answering Carol's question of what I do with the inchies.
1.Nothing! Sometimes I just let them pile up in a drawer in my craft room. (Bet you didn't expect that answer)!
- I have been in a swap with them. It was a Christmas theme and hosted by Fiona.
- I put them in my journal as you can see here. One page is made of the inchies I got from that Christmas swap I was in. The other was just a way to show off some of my inchies and I plan to do more pages of them. That way I can see them more often and easier.
- I have put them on cards such as this one I made for my husband on our anniversary.
- I made a banner out of inchies for the same anniversary but think how you could make one for a birthday or a baby's homecoming. Yes, they do make small swags but they fit on a door or cupboard or across a computer screen.
- I make magnets out of them. The current week's inchy plus the group of four to the right were made by putting a picture through my Xyron machine with the magnet backing in it. Then I cut it up into one inch squares and use it as background. I made the beaded face as a magnet by just gluing a magnetic disc (found in Walmart and all craft stores) to the back of a paper inchy.
- I made a tutorial in my journal as mentioned at the top of this page. I wanted to let my grandkids when they read my journals later, to have an idea of how to make some. I only showed one way so this is an idea I can revisit later if I want.
And that Carol and any other wondering person, is what I do with my inchies. What do you do with yours? Or your twinchies, ATC's or moo cards - whatever little things you just make for fun?