Sunday, August 17, 2008

Inchies Galore


I am visiting again in California with my grandchildren. They wanted to make something and they saw some of my inchies. They thought it would be fun to make some and so we pulled out all kinds of supplies my daughter keeps on hand and these inchies are what they came up with. They are still making more and now my daughter is playing too. These were made by kids from 7 years to almost (tomorrow) 14 years of age. I just wanted to share what they can do as you know the old saying "Give a kid an inch..."

9 comments:

carolann said...

Wow these are fantastic well done (clapping) xxx

Janet said...

They did a great job! Isn't it fun to do art with kids? They just seem to get it, and they aren't afraid to try things.

Carol said...

Brilliant love the blood shot eye ball, sugar canes , birds their great

TFS and I hope the birthday was great and you're having a brilliant time

TC
Carol :)

Ratmomma / Carolyn said...

These are awesome! You can't even tell what age made which inchie. Keep up the good work.

Fiona Whitehead said...

Thanks for sharing this fabulous work with us - what great crafters in the making -

soe said...

Hello Freebird,

I came here through the BJP blog. What a great idea to use the inchies crafting with children. I have a son of 3 years old and would like to use it if it is ok with you. Put together it is a great piece of art!

gr. soe

freebird said...

Thanks for commenting everyone. I let the kids know their inchies were appreciated.
Soe, inchies aren't mine. They are a fun way to do a tiny bit of art and I'm sure your three year old can do something here too. It would be fun to see how your child improves every year wouldn't it and these inchies can be glued into scrapbooks and on greeting cards for the grandparents too. Have fun.

Emily said...

Those look great! What a great activity with the young ones.

BumbleVee said...

wow....what a great job they did.... they are all beautiful and colourful and ..best of all ... some even have my fav.... "bling"!