Monday, August 25, 2008

Progress BJP 2007 and 2008 Plan


I am posting my last page for 2007 BJP as it stands in progress. I got a bit stalled but I am moving forward albeit at a snail's pace! I think there will be some repeat patterns in these blocks; there isn't a lot of space for lots of patterns but I'm winging it so we'll see. Just letting you all know I am plugging along and not skipping the end of this past year to move on to next.
For this coming year I have finally decided on my few "rules" or guides. I seem to work better with some parameters which I feel quite free to break if they are inhibiting me.
1: I am using the 12 colors on the main colorwheel for my 12 months of pages.
2: I am putting a bead that has been given to me or one I have made on each page.
3: I am using Half ATC's for my page size. This is small but I love small. I can use some 13 and 15 oughts if I need to in order to have space for creativity. I fell in love with the little rectangles in Robin's new book but decided they were a little too small for 12 months of work. I might try something that small for a brooch or top of a bookmark but not my pages. So my size is 2 1/2 x 1 3/4 inches. I don't quite know what to call these little pieces. Any suggestions???
That's it. Oh, I am using Lacy's Stiff Stuff for my page backings although I am concerned with the white showing through the beads. You know what? I think I am too worried about it so I might just put a layer of fabric over the stiff stuff in the colorwheel color for the month. I want stiff pieces so still want to use the stiff stuff but now I don't have to worry. Problem solved before it became a problem! I think Grace's blog is what helped me solve my dilemma. I went there today and saw her explanation for her 2007 pieces in the comments section of this post. Thanks Grace.

7 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Hi Timaree, sounds like you have a great plan for the next year of pages. I still haven't come to a decision on a size for my pages, but hope to do that soon. I like your idea of using gifted beads too.

I'm glad my explanation in that post helped. You know sometimes I start to explain something and I'm not really sure if I make myself clear or more confusing.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone does this year. Fun stuff!!!

Janet said...

Good for you for finishing the 2007 BJP before going on to the next one. I think your size for the new project sounds very do-able. Anything larger and I'd never get it finished!!

Mary Timme said...

I really like your idea of putting fabric over the stiff stuff and think I may go back and take mine off and do that as well. It is such a great way to cover the stiff stuff and I can put it on with wonder-under or something to make it even stiffer.

I think I'll have to take a photo when I'm done and put it out there for what is coming in the 12 months.

I'm thinking of putting them on two or three sheets of mat board and having the written part cut out of the mat board with Prey species on one side and Hunting species on the other. Some don't really fall into either category as I don't think of hippos as either one. Hmmmmm. I may have to rethink this.

Drea said...

I really like your idea of adding a gifted bead to each page ... it adds a certain sweetness :o)

trudger said...

looks like a great start to something wonderful. as far as your 2.5 x 1.75 dilemma... I share that. my trudger drawings are also an un-categorized size. Let's just say that 2.5x1.75 is distinctly you. :)

The Lone Beader said...

That should keep you busy!

Crayons said...

Wow, this is a beautiful object. I can feel its weight in my hand. I'm so happy to see that there are people out there who have the patience to do such fine work. I lack the patience.