Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Inchy Time Again


Once again I've done an inchy for the group that meets at Inchybyinch . This week's theme was to do something Celtic. This is my take. I ended up doing some religious art unexpectedly. I just happened to have a cross and after I clipped off the hanging loop it fit quite nicely on an inchy. I looked up the name Jesus in an Irish Celtic dictionary (online of course) and added that along with some jewels. The blue jewel stands for his mother Mary, the red and white for the blood and water that poured from his side when he was stabbed in the side at his crucifixion.


I didn't think I'd have time to do one with my company here but that's the thing with inchies. They just don't take that much time so come on and join in on the fun of making a tiny piece of art. Just follow the link above.

7 comments:

Fiona Whitehead said...

Wow Timaree - fabulous inchy - I love the addition of the Celtic Cross - inspired!

missy k said...

This is a wonderful inchie! It was a very interesting challenge wasn't it?

Have fun with your visitors.

Karen

Ps Hope your dog is all better now?

Pursuing Art... said...

What a great inchy, Timaree. You do a wonderful job with these. It looks like fun and I can see how refreshing it must be to do a tiny piece of art.

Enjoy your company! ~Lisa ;-)

pam T said...

Oh yes, I like this inchy too! great job.

Mary Timme said...

I'm hoping to get a bit of drawing done today. I love days when I actually have time to think of stuff I want to do and read all the stuff that comes with the bills and that sort of thing. What a great day!

Jacq said...

I love your inchy. Did you really get all that on such a small space?

Sally said...

Beautiful inchie. I have to admit that I'm such a klutz I would have my fingers glued to the paper on something that small.
Thanks for visiting the blog. I appreciate the support.