Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Inchy Time Again

The theme for this week's inchy is shells. This is
a good time for this theme as everyone is either heading to the ocean or wishing they were (I'll grant there are a few out there who wouldn't care to be at a beach on a nice summer day but I think most would). First, I took a one inch piece of watercolor paper and drew a tiny beach scene with watercolor pencils. Then I got brave and wet it down. Whew! It turned out pretty good I think but it doesn't matter much as the next step was to glue a shell on the piece and that pretty much covered up my ocean. Still it adds to the effect. Last I added some words. All done. This was a fun one and it was one of those you know immediately just what you want to do.

For those who are interested, this shell was picked up off the beach in Oxnard, California.

Now come on some of you, give this a try! And
then just pop over to Inchybyinch and share the
link to where you post it.






4 comments:

missy k said...

This is really delightful... great background and I love how you've written around the shell which looks perfect. I love the beach.... not so much laying on it but walking along it and collected glass worn down by the waves.... can't think what it is called?!

I am hoping to do mine at the weekend!

Karen

missy k said...

oops... sorry... I meant collecting glass... been a long hot day! Karen

The Lone Beader said...

Very nice inchie!

pam T said...

I do love your inchies! Some day (okay, I shouldn't be saying that, because what's wrong with today?) I will do this inchy thing... maybe it would kickstart me into being creative, even if I just draw them!