Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rattlesnake Bite


My poor Sarah was bitten by a rattlesnake today. I'm visiting in California so my husband had to deal with it by himself. I gave him the vet's name and told him to call ahead in case they needed to get the anti-venom from somewhere else. It turns out they had it and he got her there while she was still able to walk okay. My husband came around a corner to see Sarah's nose just two inches away from a diamond back! He yelled and she backed up and he thought she was okay but noticed about 15 minutes later her nose was all swollen. That's when he called me. So anyhow, she's at the animal hospital and has been given anti-venom (which the doctor says she can only have one time in her life - I didn't know that), and they said they'll call us in the morning to tell us how she is. They could not say yet that she would be okay. I sure hope so. I'll let you all know when I know how she'll be.

8 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Bless her sweet little heart... I hope she pulls through with flying colors. I keep her (and you) in my thoughts

Doreen G said...

Oh poor Sarah I do hope she is ok Timaree.

Tracey N. said...

My finger and toes are crossed for you and Sarah. I know how hard having an ill furbaby is. Bless you all! tracey

Jacq said...

I hope your baby pulls through and will be back to normal real soon.

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh, Timaree...I am so sorry! The poor thing. Thank goodness they had the anti-venom on hand. My thoughts are with you all! ~Lisa

Carol said...

Timaree
I have been following the situation on FB. I have faith that she will be OK! We are all waiting for you to tell us so.

freebird said...

I hope to hear some news this morning. Thanks for all of your support. I really, truly appreciate it.

Tammy said...

I know how dear our four legged family members become. I'm glad your husband saw the snake so the vet could treat Sarah.