Sunday, November 22, 2009

May BJP Page

Helloooo? Anyone still out here besides me? I got another
page done! May is finally finished. I'm not so far behind because I don't like my beads or the BJP anymore. I just can't see where the needle tip is when it's going into the fabric. It's driving me crazy. I think I have to not use dark fabrics anymore for one thing. I even have trouble under the magnifying lamp.

Well I have this one done at any rate and only three more to finish off this past year. I know, it's well past by now. Ok, I'll quit whining. If you read my blog you know I haven't been sitting doing nothing but worrying over my beading.

May is the month for the Mother's Day holiday so that is my theme. I took a broken earring of my mother's and glued her picture to it. I coated it with a good layer of Delta's Air-Dry PermEnamel Clear Gloss Glaze. It's wonderful stuff, more like a resin to give a nice shiny hard coat over something. Then I glued that to my fabric.

I took a heart bead (remember I am using gifted beads somewhere in my page) my sister gave me to symbolize me and added a banana for my son and a rabbit for my daughter. The banana was given to me by my grandchildren. I would have loved to have used a surfboard but didn't have one and did have the banana. My son eats a case of them a week so it fits. My daughter loves rabbits so that's why I picked it. If I'd had a baby bead I could have used it as she loves babies more than rabbits.

Then I took a mexican bead gifted to me by my daughter to symbolize her and added four little hearts for her children. Three generations represented here.

I started beading around my mother with blue since this is the month for blue on my color wheel - my other theme going through the year. All in all, I'm happy with how this turned out even though it took so long.

17 comments:

robin michelle said...

This is really nice! It's a great Mother's Day tribute.

Carol said...

Its a cool page and I love the symbolism of the bead that you attached to it.

Never too late to post Timaree!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Dee D said...

A wonderful piece!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

So delicate! Love the energy and colors here. Fantastic.

Marty S said...

Lovely! Nice sentiments and beautiful beading.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Tracey N. said...

I am still here too! I have 4 more to get done as well so dont feel alone. i share your misery for not having them all done by now. This is a wonderful tribute piece. Its filled with so much meaning. Great job on your beading as well. Congratulations for sticking to it and working to get caught up.

Julie said...

I love it Timaree and it's lovely that it has so many special memories for you in the symbols you have included. I think your Mum looks like you, or is it the other way round? :o)

Tammy Freiborg said...

You're definitely not taking any shortcuts and continue to spend a lot of time on these! Remember the process not the deadline. I must be in a strange mood - I burst out laughing when I red "likes babies more than rabbits".

Magpie Sue said...

It looks wonderful to me :- )
I know what you mean about "sewing blind" when working on dark fabrics. Definitely something to avoid! And yet I still manage to fall into that trap from time to time!

Robin said...

Hi Timaree... Great to hear from you and see your beautiful Mother's Day, Three-Generation piece! Having no children of my own and being close to not having a mother anymore, I am vicariously enjoying the wonderful, connected feeling of family in your piece.

I'm worried about your eyes... Yikes... that's frightening. Have you had them tested? From my own experience, I know that lighter fabrics and matte beads are the easiest for me to see. I can't work with the silver lined ones very well at all.

I hope you'll stay with us for the 2010 BJP... I'd miss you terribly if you decided not to do it. Maybe go really small???

Hugs, Robin

Magpie Sue said...

Just popping in to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving :- )

pam T said...

Lovely, Timaree!

Cathy W said...

This is lovely, especially the reasons why each specialty bead is included. Keep on keeping on ... says this bjp-perpetual-behinder (I've got more to finish than you and yet have already signed on for the third round of BJP).

Congrats on nearing the finish line!

beadbabe49 said...

Lovely piece, timaree! As always, I also love hearing the story behind the work...great tribute to your mom and to you as a mom.

The Lone Beader said...

Beautiful work!!

KV said...

Wonderful stuff, Timaree! Not to feel bad -- I still have four to put together, too . . .


Kathy V in NM

Cyndi L said...

I love how you turned your mother's picture into the centerpiece!