Thursday, November 12, 2009

Teesha Moore Style

I've made a new page in my journal to fit a prompt over
at Blissfully Art Journaling a yahoo group I am in. I'd started a page to emulate Teesha Moore's style which I saw just recently. She has videos on her blog to show how she makes her pages and it sounded like so much fun I just had to try one! You can find her videos here and here. Look around as there are lots of videos taking you through the whole page.

My page follows a prompt as to whether we like to wear hats or not. I've had a few but the wind takes them away from me. I had one taken by the wind when I was in a gondola at the San Diego City Zoo. There was no way I was going to jump out in midair to try and catch it! Another time, I wore one to Sea World and away it went again! Now if I need a hat to block our extreme Arizona sun I wear a baseball style hat which doesn't look nice but I can make it small enough to stay on!

The "hat" on this page is a sculpture by Jennifer Maestre that I cut from a magazine. It looked perfect for a hat. I added a little make-up with Pan Pastels and some jewelry with a Sharpie Poster Paint Pen. This was lots of fun and I'll have to try Teesha's techniques again. Maybe in a different journal where the spiral binding won't interfere!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Its so colorful! I really like this kind of art. Your page is great and we can see that you DO like hats.

xx, carol

Magpie Sue said...

Ah, but the spiral binding lets the journal lay open flat! Those pages are so colorful and interesting you hardly notice the coils of the spiral. Great job!

I enjoy wearing hats but I have a small head; I have a hard time keeping them on as well :- )

Krista Meister said...

What a fun page!

Mixed Media Martyr said...

I love Teesha's journal pages, and I love the way she mixes and matches and completely alters the images she uses till you couldn't recognise them if you wanted to!!

This is a wonderful cheerful page, and I can just see your beautiful sunflower hat blown off into the distance!!

Leanne.