Friday, November 27, 2009

Two Inchies

The theme for this week was presents over at
Inchybyinch.

I ended up making two inchies for a change.
Mainly because the first one with the embossing
powder seemed too simple. With the static electricity we have right now I couldn't keep the particles from flying all over the piece either which I could see once it was enlarged.

So I made a second one. This one is a little bit
3-D with the tissue paper sticking out of the box. It was hard finding something small enough to put in this tiny package!

As an aside, I just signed up for the 2010 Bead Journal Project. If anyone loves to do bead embroidery and would like to join us in doing one piece (or page) a month for a year go to Bead Journal Project and check it out. The deadline to sign up is rapidly approaching - December 14th is the last day so hurry!




8 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

YAY! So glad you're doing the next bjp too!

Magpie Sue said...

Hurray! I'm so glad you signed up for the next BJP! (Cute inchies too!)

Melisa Waldorf said...

What a clever idea adding the tissue paper! I can see I'm going to learn alot about what you can create in an inch from you girls!! They are both adorable. I too am having a photography problem with the inchies. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Have a great day!

Amanda said...

I like 'em!! Cute!

Lesley said...

Hi Freebird, love your inchies.
Here is a little thing you can make to prevent static on paper. You have to sew but it is well worth it. Use a fairly thick piece of fabric, muslin will do, make a small square 2x2 is fine,fold over and sew 2 sides, put either talcum or cornstarch in the opening side. Sew it up. When you are going to emboss anything, swipe it over your card first, stamp then put your embossing powder on. This really helps reduce static. If you want to just buy one they are called embossing buddies but you pay a lot for one of these homemade babies!!!!
Love that little pressie you made to, toooooo cute.
L

missy k said...

Hi!

Love your two inchies, the little duck is so sweet poking out from the parcel.

Thank you for your comments btw.

About the inchy blog I copied the following from the top of Fiona's blog ........NEW FORMAT TO INCHY BY INCH IN 2010

INCHY BY INCH WILL BE CHANGING ITS FORMAT IN THE NEW YEAR. WE WILL BE DOING SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT - BUT STILL FOCUSING ON INCHIES.

STAY TUNED TO SEE WHAT I HAVE IN STORE FOR YOU FOR 2010!!

sounds like fun!

ps looking forward to receiving one of your inchies in the swap :)

Karen

Laura Kay said...

You do such great work on such small sizes!! Now wait, you do great work on any size. I am just awed by you folks that can work so tiny!!
I answered what a press cozy is on my blog. Thanks for asking!

Fiona Whitehead said...

Oh I can't believe I missed seeing these lovely present inchies - love that duck too x