Monday, June 25, 2007

Finished!!

Except for putting this on it's backing with blanket stitching all around (which I won't be doing until all my circles are done, I don't think), this page is done. I am happy with it. I had to rip out my train tracks since my husband(you know, the Old Goat) pointed out I had the rails underneath the ties and no train can run that way. I am sure my dad did a better job than that when he worked on the Alaskan railroad! I am still not totally thrilled with the tracks but those are the beads I've got so those are the beads I used! I would have liked a lighter brown but I am not ready to order more at this time.


Now it's time for July's page. I have an idea of what I want to do but who knows if it will turn out how I think. It's just a thought at this stage and we all know how those thoughts can change!

21 comments:

Sunni said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad.
I think your train track is grand.
I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Sunni

Sunni said...

I added you to my list of blogs to keep track of. So I don't miss any of your other pages.
Sunni

KV said...

It turned out very well, Freebird!

The train tracks are wonderful and I adore the miniature coffee cups. Since I am a huge coffee drinker myself, you just know I would appreciate them.

Kathy V in NM

Lois B said...

This is great, it really tells its story. I like the tracks a lot, and the coffee cups, too. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do for July.

Judi D said...

Your page finished up nicely. It is simple and yet the story behind it makes it full of life. Great job.

Carol said...

I love the story behind this piece. It's lovely and your train tracks are great. My Dad loved it too when I showed it to him - he was a train driver with British Rail.

Morwyn said...

It turned out terrific! Yay!

ACey said...

think it came out beautifully.

beadbabe49 said...

kudos to you!

Vicki said...

Congrats! I like the little train tracks!

Lillian said...

Your piece turned out so well and I love the train tracks :o) What a tribute to your dad! Lillian in WA
P.S. Did you get my email? :o)

LJ said...

Very striking! And aren't you just amazed at the fact that you can actually get it done?? Turned out great, Freebird!

The Family Jewels said...

It looks marvelous! I really like how it turned out. Great job!

James said...

Looks like train tracks to me.

Jessie said...

That's beautiful Aunt Tim!

Bejeweled said...

Congrats! I think it turned out really nicely and the train tracks look wonderful :)

Grace said...

And a wonderful piece it is - I think it turned out great!

I'll be looking forward to your July piece.

Cyndi L said...

I *love* this, and I especially love the story behind it! In years to come, you'll probably never forget about the train tracks too ;-)

Andi said...

Every element in the piece belongs there, it is a great piece and wonderful tribute.

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

This is awesome! I love the use of hand image and tribute to your dad!

Fannie said...

Thanks for the link, Freebird! I enjoyed reading this post. I'll need to go through your archives after my semester finals--which is today! Hurray.

It seems like we're kindred spirits--at least on my part. You're special.

Where in Hawaii did your father live?