Friday, June 6, 2008

Inchies

The theme for this week's inchy was "fairy". I used a picture of my daughter as she dressed up as a dark fairy for Halloween this year.
I took away the wings she had as thy didn't look very nice on the inchie and added some cut from purple petals on floral gift wrap. I used one of the inchie blanks I won from Nina at Purple Faerie Paper Crafts (from a drawing on last week's inchy challenge over at InchybyInch) and covered it with some green paper with purple polka dots. I added some micro glitter to her wings and edged the inchie and the photo cut-out with purple chalk ink. With everything glued onto the base I think it turned out pretty well.
As I was looking through my pictures for this one I found lots that could be converted into fairies so I think I will make a set of them when I have a little more time. Maybe I'll do everyone in my daughter's family (five people and some pets) and turn it into a gift somehow. Oh, the ideas pop up all the time but getting myself organized so I can follow through...well, that's where my problem lies!
I've added a picture of the tiara as I made it for her for this year's costume. It turned out a little heavier and grand than I intended. My daughter loves petite and feminine over grand. The large light beads along the center were from my mother's jewelry so my daughter has a bit of her grandmother with her.


It seems I ended up echoing Purple Faerie Paper Crafts. I didn't intend to but my daughter's outfit was purple and she fit the bill. I do want to thank Nina here for offering the prize of the blanks and a rubber stamp for inchies of a woman silhouette (I almost used it but then thought of my daughter's outfit).

Come and join us and have a "little" fun!



5 comments:

Fiona Whitehead said...

What a fabulous inchy - and so wonderful the way you have personalised it. Well done on winning the blog candy. Thanks for joining in again.

ilonka -kreativgeschwafel- said...

what a wonderful, personal idea! looks really great!

Carol said...

Love your fairy the tiara is fantastic you are soooo talented

TFS, Take care
Carol

Jacq said...

I love looking at all your inchies. You are so creative.

freebird said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. It's fun to see all the different ways to make the theme of the week!