Friday, November 14, 2008

Inchies

I got a little behind with my computer malfunctioning on me so I am posting last weeks inchy with this weeks.

Last week's theme was The 5th of November or Guy Fawkes Day. This is a holiday in the UK celebrating someone who tried to burn down the Parliament building. Fiona of Inchybyinch asked us to do a fireworks or glitter inchy to celebrate. Well, I have a little interference powder on the tea being poured from the cup. It doesn't show up really but that wasn't how I "celebrated" with her. I celebrated by a return to a protest in our country while it was still under King George and part of England. I am portraying the Boston Tea Party. A cup pouring out tea with a ship asea in the background is my take on joining in this week. This was done with Prismacolor pencils.

Hmmm, and now that it is done and posted, I see my horn is upside down! It was too tiny before and I didn't notice. Guess I'd better start using that magnifying glass. I am already using reading glasses!

This week's theme is music. Fiona is singing in a musical and decided to carry music over into our inchies. I used a stamped music background. My only musical instrument stamp was much too big so I put it in my new Elements and reduced it so it would fit and glued it on with some tiny script. I edged it with chalk ink and tada, one musical inchy!






2 comments:

Fiona Whitehead said...

Great inchies - the Boston Tea Party is inspired!

trudger said...

I like these. The music one is really great, and the tea cup one is very cute. Thanks so much for the kind words on my blog. Its encouraging to know at least a few people like what I do. :)