Monday, February 2, 2009

I Did It!


I did it. I have had this blog for over a year and have never dared change my header until now. All I've done is add a picture and hope to play around with Photoshop Elements and make a banner that reflects what I do more but in the meantime I've got something a little better than a blue rectangle!


The picture in the header and these on this post were taken in San Diego while I was visiting my son this past Christmas trip to California. My son got me to go on the Spruce Street suspension bridge which was really scary for me. If the bridge had started swinging when I got on it I would never have crossed to the other side of it but it was sturdy even though it was very narrow and high off the ground. It was over a pretty canyon by Balboa Park.


I had a great short visit with my son in San Diego. He took me to Rancho's restaurant which has mexican style food for everyone - meat eaters, vegetarians and even vegans. I had avocado enchiladas which were very good. The picture of my son and I was taken at the restaurant.
Then he drove me around his neighborhood which is where we came across this bridge. We also stopped for a few minutes at Balboa Park. I grew up in San Diego and visited the park a lot as a kid. It was fun to see streets my parents would mention in stories about their growing up years and just to see where my son currently lives.
The plus is that I was able to change the look of my blog because of my visit.




4 comments:

Carol said...

Nice looking guy, Mom. You sure look happy!

Congrats on the banner. Playing with settings and templates etc can be fun, and you can get a real feeling of accomplishment...or frustration. But its fun to learn. If you need help, find a 13 year old kid. Its probably one of the good things they know everything about! LOL.

Wow, the pics of you bridge walk are so neat. Bet you love to see all that lush green plantlife.

trudger said...

good job with the banner!

Fiona Whitehead said...

Great piccies - and I love your new banner. I have friends in San Diego - I hope to visit one day - sounds so warm compared to here! LOL!

Jacquie said...

Your banner is great...! very welcoming. The photo is a unique view of you! I love San Diego! A few hours away from me and I never get down there!! This makes me want to go back.