Saturday, February 7, 2009

November BJP Page



Done at last! It's done at last! Hooray, I finished my November page. Between getting ready for Christmas, making a long visit to family in California and then some of the blahs, this page took me forever!! Somehow it managed to get a little off-kilter too.
The big orange bead is from the little bit of jewelry I have left of my mothers. I added seven cube beads that my son gave me (remember I am trying to use some gifted or handmade beads on these pieces) which stand for the number of children my mother had. One died as an infant but he was never forgotten. The small flowers add up to the number in our family as we grew up. The star and large flower were gifted to me by Julia of Mixed Media when we swapped ATC's .
Now I am going on to my next piece but it's going
to be the red one passing over red-orange for the
time being. I have a reason and you will find out
what it is when I have completed the red piece. Ooooh, don't let the suspense get to you. It's not that big a deal but it is a story so I'll put it with the piece.
The second picture here shows the first quarter done. I think it's following the color wheel pretty well so far. I hope I can find enough colors to make it all the way around without having to fudge too much. Now I can take a few evenings and go blogging through the BJP blogs without feeling too guilty. I feel a little as I am doing some pretty small pages and still managed to get pretty far behind.

19 comments:

KV said...

Very lovely, Timaree! Not to worry -- lots of us are behind at the moment . . .


Kathy V in NM

Marty S said...

It's a beautiful page. I love the way you have used just one color in each. Your beading technique really shows up. The three pages look fantastic together. I'll be looking for the red one.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

a2susan said...

Hi, Timaree. I like the way your pages still have a story to them, like last year. Anything up with the blue beads in this last one? The colors look great lined up next to each other.

Susan

Brenda said...

Timaree, I am working on October's piece. You are way ahead of me!

I can't wait to see what you plan on doing, very creative!

Julie said...

Oh, I just love this piece. Its my favorite color right now. Remember this is not a contest. We go at our own pace. I love your work. Julie C

Carol said...

I love your pages. I think its partly because each one is one color. But mostly its because your beading is so beautiful and well done. I like the story you are telling also.

heidibeads said...

I'm loving these, one color for each but each tells a different story and what lovely gifts you are able to use! Don't worry about being behind - we all catch up evenutally and we all fall behind at one time or another. Just keep plugging along - it's worth the wait to see them.

pam T said...

OOO I like this one too! Orange is just so VIVID, don't you think? I like how everything means something in your pages... believe me, you were WAY smart in going with a small-size page... I am definitely going to re-think that one next time!

Robin said...

Ooooh, Timaree, it's so great to hear from you and see your beautiful pages splashing through the first quarter of the color wheel. As others have said, it's great that they each carry a story! You took on quite a challenge to bead solidly, to journal and to use only one color per piece. No wonder you're behind. But I know you... you'll catch up! Hugs, Robin A.

Mary Timme said...

I love them all. I bet the working on the bias is what skewed the piece a little bit. It does it for me when I work on the bias. Have a good time in CA!

beadbabe49 said...

There must be some extra energy going around...I finished a piece I started ages ago too...and although my pages are bigger, yours have more beading on them, so size isn't everything!

EMBELLISHER said...

So beautiful like little jewels.

Magpie Sue said...

I didn't realize you were doing a color wheel with your BJP pieces this time. That's going to be one gorgeous, delicious color wheel! What I love about beads is the reflection of light and the texture that can be created. I may have to come to AZ to see and feel this one when it's done!

Maggie R said...

Your pages are awesome.
I love your idea of using special beads.. Nice work
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Satu-Marja said...

You have done a great and detailed work and I love the energetic colours so much.

Muriel said...

Very beautiful and well done, I love your pages!

Dragon said...

Ju7st found you here... what beautiful creations and the colours are amazing...
Frankie
xx

MixPix said...

Lovely pages - thanks for posting them in a pic all together. I had exactly the same "life getting in the way" and feeling behind but for some reason I got caught up and even did some extra things, so be kind to yourself and don't give up - it all comes out right in the end.

CC said...

Hi!
I love seeing all of these together! And how each piece has special meaning. Also, your beadwork is fantastic! GREAT work!
Warmest aloha,
CC