Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Eyes Have It?


Well, in this case the eyes don't! I had eye surgery on my left eye yesterday and thought I'd be okay to read and so on today but it's not to be. My new left eye vision doesn't go with my right eye in glasses so I'm dizzy and not focusing well. I get the other eye fixed in two weeks. Hopefully I won't be out of service that long but I am letting you know I won't be doing much in the way of artwork or blogging for at least a few days. The surgery I had was for cataracts and to put in a prescription lens so I can do away with glasses and contacts. Still hoping it's all worth it.

9 comments:

Carol said...

I know lots of people that have this surgery and are totally happy with it. I'm sure you will be too. So, settle in and relax a bit. Good excuse to be pampered, I'd say.

Magpie Sue said...

Here's hoping for quick recoveries and totally worth it results! (How are you going to keep from getting bored?!)

Doreen G said...

I hope all goes well Timaree and you have a quick recovery,

GraceBeading said...

Hi Timaree... sending you healing energy and positive thoughts for a quick recovery!

beadbabe49 said...

I'll send you some quick healing beams and hope they work! I, too, have heard positive things about this surgery (from my mom) so all should be well!

Mary Timme said...

I hope so too! Lots of people are. Tim goes in for cataract surgery on the 10th of March. We'll hope yours goes well by then and so does his.

Gez said...

Glad to hear your eye surgery went well. :)
You are very brave. :)
Take care.
Gez. xx

Jacquie said...

Well, I'm sure I speak for many, that we will miss you, but once you're all healed up it will all be worth it. Speedy healing!!

Maggie R said...

Goodmorning Timaree..
I had my cataracts done recently and after I had my first one done I popped the lens out of my glasses on the side of my new good eye.. so i could see fine with my new eye and still see with my prescription lens in the other eye...Now I have both "New" eyes. What a difference to be able to drive without glasses!! I still need cheeters to read with... So try this if you have the kind of glasses you can remove the lens.
Might look a wee bit strange but hey if it works!!!Let me know...
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie