Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snowflakes



This week's inchy theme is winter. The blog's author lives in Great Britain and got her share of the white stuff this weekend so she thought it would make a good theme.

I made a beaded snowflake with directions I found at Bead Gypsy . I used a square cut from a box of facial tissues (recycling where I can!) and edged it with a silver Krylon pen. I used a white gel pen to make the small snowflakes after gluing the beaded snowflake to the surface.

If you'd like to try your hand at making an inchy stop by Inchy by Inch blog and see what's up.

Boy, I think I am on a roll this week! It feels good to be back creating this or that again.

15 comments:

Fiona Whitehead said...

Oh wow - this inchy is gorgeous - I love that beaded snowflake - glad you're back.

Virginia said...

Gorgeous inchy..That beaded snowflake is just stunning..

daisy said...

The bead snowflake is brilliant & it must be soooo small.

Jacquie said...

Your inchy is so pretty! I'm honored that you mentioned my snowflake pattern! I may have to try doing inchies at some point, right now I can't get seem to get in bead mode!! That was very nice of you.

Doreen G said...

Beautiful Timaree and it all fits on an inchie --wow

Magpie Sue said...

Your snowflake inchy is lovely, but I think the butt-on one is my favorite!

I want to personalize my blog header too. Haven't found the courage to attempt it yet...

Mary Timme said...

I'm so impressed! Talk about recycling girl friend.

Cindy said...

This is a beautiful inchy and so very creative!
Must take some patience and limber figures to creat such a small bead.

AngelaC said...

oh what a beautiful inchy... love the beaded snowflake!

Gez said...

My first visit to your blog. Just wanted to say what a gorgeous inchy. Your snowflake is brilliant, it looks so delicate. What a great idea recycling a tissue box. :)

Janet said...

Your inchie is perfect! And how clever of you to recycle while you're creating something beautiful!!

PS - LOVE the new banner!!!!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

The background and snowflake go fabulously together.

Janice said...

Fabulous inchy - love the beads

BumbleVee said...

what a great inchy... such tiny beadwork....

Sue said...

Gosh - that is so lovely - and all in such a tiny space ....