Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BJP Off and Running!

Hooray for me! I finally finished the January Bead Journal Project piece!! I know it's March but I am still happy as I wondered if I'd ever get anything done! I took the project more literally this year. I also want to finish each piece as a stand alone item before starting the next. My beadwork piece is
2 1/4 inches square. I made it to complement fabric I chose for a journal.

When I was done I made a book 5 1/2 x 8 inches. I glued the square of beadwork between a cover board with the square cut out of it and a thin piece of card to back it. This way it is flush with the cover and won't snag putting it in a bookcase or stacking other books on it. I filled the book with drawing paper and watercolor paper. I made 4 signatures wrapping each one in a decorative paper to go with the cover. I'm very happy with how it turned out and hope I don't need to do too much changing or adapting for the next book. If I have my math right and wrote the corrections down I'll be okay!






17 comments:

Doreen G said...

Well done Timaree it looks fabulous.

Bobbi said...

It turned out fantastic! Just wonderful!

Janet Ghio said...

Your beadwork looks great as well as your book!

Carol Creech said...

I just love this! It turned out beautifully. The beadwork is a perfect fit for the book. Love that the book is handmade with drawing paper, etc.

Its All About Creating said...

The colors compliment your book perfectly and your handmade papers are spectacular. I love how all your beads sit perfectly next to each other. Can't wait to see how you use the next square.-Marlene

beadbabe49 said...

Beauts!

Lois2037 said...

It turned out fabulous!

sweetcheeks said...

All that hard work paid off. It is just beautiful. Unlike the poor crooked little journal I put together. I should try napping when I'm not stitching.
Is your beadwork made with seed beads? It is so pretty. I don't know how you do that without going crosseyed.
Thanks for visiting.

Julie said...

It's beautiful Timaree, well done! Love the fabric!

Jo said...

What a beautiful book - absolutely unique. I love your choice of papers as well as the 'how on earth did she do that' beading! Jo

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

i think your book is pretty darned awesome. i've thought about doing some pieces inside the covers of journals...you did it sooo well. i'll have to use yours as future reference on how to do it. very pretty papers with a great job of beading on the front. well done!

a2susan said...

I love your book! The beadwork on the cover just blends with the background and is so lovely.

What do you mean when you say you want to be literal this year? I'm curious, because my pages are very different from the last two years. I would pick a topic or emotion and bead a fairly nice piece. But this year, it's just emotion on the page.
Susan

Barbara said...

This is a beautiful journal!

abeadlady said...

Love what you've done with the book, Timaree! It's gorgemous!

Claire M said...

Wow - what a gorgeous book! I envy you and the time you'll spend filling it with your art and thoughts. It is such a great idea to combine the beadwork - beautiful!

Barb said...

Timaree, what a beautiful book! The colors of the beads are amazing. Great job.

Robin said...

Dear, talented Timaree! I am soooooooooo smitten with your bookmaking talents! WOW! This is fabulous. I make and bind books too, so I know how much work it is and how much time it takes. This is fabulous! Are you writing/drawing/journaling in it yet? I had a bookmaking teacher once who said, "As soon as you finish a book, look at it while you're eating. With luck, you'll spill some spaghetti on it... then it won't be pristine anymore and you'll be able to use it!"

Hugs, Robin A.