Wednesday, March 17, 2010

J Inchy



This week's inchy is the letter J. I went to bed one night and an idea of what to do came to mind but I didn't get up and jot it down so by morning my wonderful idea using J in multiple ways was gone. This is my second idea and probably just as good as my original idea (unless that idea comes back to mind I'll never know)! This is Pitt pen and watercolor. I can see doing watercolor might be best done with a finer brush now that I see the one inch square blown up so large. Ah well it is what it is....
...which is
Jack and Jill went up the hill
to fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown
and Jill came tumbling after.
You all remember that rhyme don't you? And do you remember lots of rhymes without having to look at a book?

12 comments:

Carol said...

Cute and eye catching!

Humpty Dumpty comes to mind first. But then the rest come flooding back too!!
Carol

daisy said...

Jack & Jill - what a fabulous idea for the letter J & I luv the watercolouring - I don't think you need a finer brush. It's lovely xx

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Timaree I absolutely LOVE this inchy and I think it's just perfect just the way it is. I love the watercolour and pen. I think I would like to try this some time. Thank you!

Carolyn

Brian K said...

Your blog is wonderful! Your artwork is lovely!

sweetcheeks said...

Bless you Timaree for telling me you also stitched in signatures a bit off the line. I was almost down on me for that dumb move. Thank goodness I don't have to exchange my book with anyone. I would have to redo it. I am going to draw faces and use pencils and paints to color them. It is my attempt at art lessons I can't afford. DIY art!!
Your inchie is just so darn cute. I haven't ventured that far yet. I thought ATCs was difficult enough.I guess I need to attempt inchies next.

AngelaC said...

What a great idea for J! I love the images and amazed that you got all that onto an inchy!! Hope your 'journey' is wonderful by the way.

bad penny said...

It's so refreshing to see a watercolour - great fun !
I had an idea for a blog post earlier & now it's completely gone !

Fiona Whitehead said...

What an inspired idea for J Timaree - love those drawings x

missy k said...

I love your inchy and agree it's perfect as it is!

My favourite nursery rhyme is the one about the blackbirds baked in a pie.... my children loved all the actions.... especially the pecking off the nose one!!!!!

Lesley said...

Great inchie for J! I love your drawing and painting, absolutely fab! xx

Jo said...

Such an unusual inchy - great colours and drawing.

Roxie said...

This is just the cutest thing!!