Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Journal Page


This is a page I made last night for my journal. I was tired and didn't want to draw or do anything complicated. I thought this glass of ?pink lemonade? looked so refreshing on a cover of a last summer's issue of Better Homes and Garden's that I cut it out and made a page of it. I guess I'm jumping ahead of even spring and wanting summer which I sure won't like when it gets here and is around 100 degrees everyday!
I used a journal I made with bristol board pages and put down a watercolor wash. This paper doesn't take a wash well but with adding a border and the focal piece not too much showed anyhow. I had fun making this page. Hope you enjoy it too.

6 comments:

sweetcheeks said...

It looks good enough to eat. You did a great immitation of spring with this drawing.

missy k said...

It'a a great page.... makes me feel thirsty and ....hungry ..... for some warmer weather. Journaling is great fun isn't it?

ps thanks for pointing out to me about your classes being online... I hadn't really thought about that option!

Karen

sweetcheeks said...

I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog. I try to keep it updated but time just whizzes by anymore. It must be my age.

Magpie Sue said...

I love this page! I love summer and I love the colors you've used here. Can't wait to see what you cook up for your BJP this year :- )

Krista Meister said...

I love this journal page, Timaree, and especially the bold colors!

bubblemunch said...

What a lovely page. I love the patchwork background and the butterfly is so pretty. The colours sing! :-)