Thursday, May 14, 2009

Finchy?


F is the theme of this week's inchy. And the question was posed as to how many things with F we could get on an inchy. Well, here is what I came up with. I decided a grid was called for and did my best to make some tiny objects that would fit. My paper for this one must have been very porous - the sharpie pen I used for the four made the blobs at the beginning of a line on it's own so I added a few more to make it a design. I just love the chalk ink pads for edging my inchies.
The Lone Beader took me up on the offer to make some inchies. She's even put hers up for sale. You'll find her inchies here and here. Take a look- you won't want to miss them. Thanks for giving these a try Lone Beader. I'm still trying to figure out how to snatch those bee ones up before someone else does!
If YOU want to join in making some inchies JUST DO IT! Make them out of anything. Just make them one inch and if you use the F theme, drop by Inchybyinch and let us know where you've posted them.



11 comments:

Fiona Whitehead said...

Wow - Timaree - I think you'd win the prize for the most 'F's on an inchy!! great job.

missy k said...

Truly amazing.... I can't believe anyone will get more than that on an inchie!!!! I know I didn't!!!

Plus it's lovely too:)

Mine was rather Feeble!!!!

Mary Timme said...

You do such good work on such a small piece. That is a huge number of things on a small in square. I couldn't even think of them as when someone says think of "X" I can never think of x. But I love what you did.

Carol said...

T:
Are you SURE that you are ONLY using 1" sq??lol Of course I know you are. I love it when you post inchies. Lone Beader did some cool ones. Who would think you could put so much on one inch!

Basement gal said...

you certainly have the most F's one one inchy. Until you've actually done one it's hard to imagine how difficult it is to get so much detail on an inch squared!

Magpie Sue said...

Felicitations my Friend! My but you're Fast... And Fruitful!

The Lone Beader said...

Cute!! You know, I used to play the 'fiddle' when I was small! Also, thanks for mentioning me! I had fun making those inchies!! I have ideas for more, too! They are fun little projects! :D

The Lone Beader said...

Thanks for your comment! Here is the link to the gallery in Camarillo. I think it says the gallery is open Wed-Sat 12-3pm, and other times are by appt.? I don't believe there is an admission fee. It is on the campus of California State University Channel Islands. Thanks for your interest! :D

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

So many ffffff's you managed to squeeze on this week's inchy! F is for FAB! I'm not joining in this week as I've only just got back from a week away so no time. Hope to be back on next week's theme ...

Carolyn

EWian said...

That is a lot of F 's, good job. Fascinating to see what people cam make on a inch.

EWian

Ellen said...

lovely design ,what a good idea too