Friday, May 22, 2009

Inchy

This week's theme at Inchybyinch is birds. I have
actually used a stamp on my inchy this week! Isn't this little bird a happy one. Singing his heart out because:

Isn't life glorious! Isn't it grand!
Here--take it--hold it tight in your hand;
Squeeze every drop of it into your soul,
Drink of the joy of it, sun-sweet and whole!
Laugh with the love of it, burst into song!
Scatter its richness as you stride along!
Isn't life splendid--and isn't it great
We can always start living--its never too late!
Isn't Life Glorious by Helen Lowrie Marshall
I got this book years ago (like back in 1969) and have loved this poem from it forever.
This little bird reminded me of the poem so I thought I'd share it with you. Hope you like it to.
I stamped the bird with Distress ink in a purple color. Then I used chalk ink in little cat's eye pads to color in the grass and sky. Added some watercolor pencil to his beak and mouth and added some music notes with Pitt pen. I confess, I have no idea what notes I used so don't try to see if they are part of a song. I don't even know if I made them right! This was a fun inchy to make.

8 comments:

Carol said...

Too Cute! Reminds me of that little bird in the Foghorn Leghorn Cartoon.

Jacquie said...

Oh, now that is just sweet! Love the poem, and I imagine the little birdie really belting out "dancing queen" or something similar. What a cute stamp and inchie!

missy k said...

That is such a great stamp and such an uplifting inchy and poem.

One of my 'flock' would love to wing its way to you! Email me your address and I'll send him on his travels after the bank holiday weekend. My email address is karenjanedavis@hotmail.com

You don't have to send me one of yours - but I'd LOVE to have one:)

Have a nice weekend

Karen

Barbara said...

I've never tried making inchies but this one is inspiring! I like your socks too!

marciglenn said...

What a cute inchie! That bird makes my heart sing - What a glorious day it is indeed!
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your kind comments. I will be coming back here to visit.

Fannie said...

Cute! Hope you've been well. Nice to see you having fun.

Tammy said...

I can't carry a tune either but love to sing. And this inchie shows exactly what I'd be doing after crossing that bridge above.

Magpie Sue said...

Fabulous again! I do love your little bird stamp - and thanks for sharing the poem. (You got the notes right by the way.)