Wednesday, July 22, 2009

April BJP Done


Whoo hoo! Another page done! This is a biggie as it means I can now get pics of the ones I have done on the web page for the BJP. You have to have eight pieces done before doing that and that's where I am. Yay. I am two-thirds through the year with this one completed.


April's page is on blue-violet of the color wheel which fit nicely with the usual Easter month. I ran into trouble finding gifted beads this month but found some seed beads my sister had sent me from Japan. They are the shiny ones in the vertical striping. Since April is the typical Easter month, I used a cross that is actually a purple if it is held up to light. It doesn't look it on the beadwork but if you compared it to black or another color you would see it. I added the butterflies as they are also a symbol of spring and new life. There are three for the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Hmm, it doesn't hurt that 3 is a good number in design either). This is a simple piece but I like it.


Now on to May. I'm having a tough time thinking of what I want to say with this one. It will be blue and that's as far as I've gotten. Stay tuned....

16 comments:

Andi said...

Beautiful! I love how you incorporated the butterflies and the Trinity.

Brenda said...

Can't wait to get your images to start your page!
They are going to look so wonderful as a set!

Brenda

Mary Timme said...

I love it. And I like the 3 butterflies and what they stand for and I like that the radiating gold looking beads are 7 in number. Great for design. Nice job!

Doreen G said...

Beautiful work Timaree and I agree with the other comments on design.

KV said...

Wonderful job, Timaree. I just finished February and started March, so I am nearly caught up to you (she says with tongue in cheek).


Kathy V in NM

Robin said...

Whooo hoo! Good for you... and I can't wait to see your pages on the site!!!! This piece is very lovely... the way you did the background beads contributes significantly to the beauty of it!

Hugs,
Robin

coral-seas said...

It might be a simple piece but it has a lot of impact. I also like it :)

Cyndi L said...

Yay Timaree!! You rock!

Melisa said...

I don't know what BJP is, but this is beautiful!

missy k said...

This is amazing.... truly beautiful

Karen

robin michelle said...

This is beautiful! I love the cross, it's so pretty!

pam T said...

O this is lovely! I too love the cross and the butterflies and their significance. Can't wait to see all your pieces together on the web site, and the rest of the year, too!

Marty S said...

I love the subtle variation in the background beads.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Hélène H said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, it went straight to my heart.

I like your April piece it feels really neat and hopeful. I'm off to the BJP website to see your 8 pieces !

Hélène H said...

Coming back from the BJP website, I am impressed by your pieces. I love the way you have worked with colours. Congratulations !

pam ehlers stec said...

This is piece is so beautiful, Timaree. It's absolutely lovely in it's simplicity. The color palette is wonderful and I just love the butterflies. Great job and congrats on getting eight pieces done!!!