Sunday, July 5, 2009

March BJP Finished


At last! I have finished anothr of these tiny little pieces. Remember, they are only half the size of an ATC! They should not be taking me so long. This one could have been done a little sooner but the thread on my edge kept breaking but that would only have saved me a couple of days working on it. I've just simply been doing too many other things. Robin, when you started the BJP I had no idea what was out there in cyber world and didn't know I'd be tempted as badly as Pandora to open the lid to everything!

This piece is my purple page. It has flowers I got when I traded an ATC months and months ago with Julie at Mixed Media. Thankyou so much Julie as these flowers are what gave me the idea to use gifted items this year - yours and Grace's beads she sent me. I wanted to use them and what better way than this. The frog bead was a gift from my grandkids. I wondered just how I'd manage to use this bead and I like it here. The leaves that make up the shamrock (St. Patrick's Day tribute) were mine but the pearls that hold them down are from my mother's wedding pearls. They arent' real but they have more worth to me than real ones since they are from my mother. The theme here if you haven't guessed is Spring.

Well, it's on to April now. That means Easter to me and blue violet for my color choice. Hmmm, what can I find that has been gifted and fits that theme...... or will I need to change something here. Well, stay tuned (hopefully not for as long as this one took) and you'll see.

18 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

You couldn't have spoken more truly in comparing the internet to Pandora's Box! I want to play in/with everything I come across too. The upside is that I'm finally learning to exercise a little self-control ;- )

Magpie Sue said...

By the way, this BJP turned out just lovely :- )

Carol said...

Great page. You know I love frogs so this one really caught my eye. I feel the same way about the internet, but I have so little time to spend on projects. I am a couple of months behind on my pages, but will catch them up quickly once I can concentrate on them. I even had my grandkids plant flowers today I was so busy with other things. I will have a vacation in a couple of weeks so I should be able to catch my breath then.

xx,
Carol

KV said...

Love the frog, Timaree! Not to worry, I am just finishing up on January myself . . .


Kathy V in NM

Julie said...

What a beautiful piece Timaree. I'm glad the buttons came in useful and sparked your imagination :) You're right about the internet, my life has changed out of recognition since I started looking at the BJP and then started my blog. Thank you for your inspiration that got me started on this journey 2 years ago :-)

Robin said...

You're not so far behind, Timaree... and I totally understand about the curious fact that small pieces can take forever... If you have my book, Heart to Hands Bead Embroidery and look at the small samplers that illustrate each technique (probably about the same size as your BJP pieces)... some of them took me 6-8 hours to do, a few even more.... longer than my 4" x 6 BJP pieces. It is curious, isn't it?! That said, I love your pieces and the way you are fitting the colors and the gifts and the events of the month into such exquisite little works of art! Hugs, Robin A.

pam T said...

Oh Timaree I do like this a lot! Love the frog! Funny how when one commits to something, all sorts of other things get in the way too, huh? we just keep opening those Pandora lids... I've had to slam that lid shut lots of times knowing I just can't do it. Anyway. great gift from the grandkids-that little frog, he looks perfect here.

The Gypsy said...

Timaree, this is so cute! How much delicate work and effort went into it. Very nice.
As for the Internet - God - it was bad enough with all the things I wanted to learn, try, read, ... before - now with the Internet it's just plain nuts!
:-)

Thanks for visiting my blog and reading and leaving your wonderful comments. Please do come back - I will re-read and reply there.

beadbabe49 said...

Sometimes smaller pieces can be a bigger challenge than the larger ones...odd but true!
I don't see the tortoise and hare...I see you as marching to the beat of your own drummer...

robin michelle said...

This is very nice - the frog is adorable!

missy k said...

This is simply stunning.....

I love it!

Karen

Cyndi L said...

There's really no "should" about how long they take! You're enjoying the process, and that's what counts. Lovely page for March...I've always loved frogs :-)

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi Timaree...your BJP is lovely! I adore the flowers, the shamrock and the frog bead is wonderful! I know you will catch up. Don't feel bad, I need to start stitching beads down to my May page. I have jumped into too many other things myself and am learning that I can't say yes to everything I would like to.

Looking forward to seeing your April page. ~Lisa

Marty S said...

It's a lovely little spring garden.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Julie said...

I love all the directions of the purple beads. Its very lovely. Julie C

Plays with Needles said...

This looks like a frog on a lily pond to me...it's a very happy place to hang out...I can just imagine a fly coming by and that frog's tongue will whip out and grab it...

Scrappy Cat said...

This is amazingly gorgeous!

If you stop by my blog, you'll see I've given you an award.

pam ehlers stec said...

How lovely! The little frog is wonderful and I love that you used your Mom's pearls. I've been behind with my BJP pages for a while and after a few months of feeling like I'd never get caught up, I cut myself some slack and decided to just enjoy the process. My favorite things is to float between projects, working on whatever I feel like at the time. That way I can experiment with all of the creative things that interest me and still make progress with the BJP.