Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Journal Page

In a workshop I am in over at A.R.T., a yahoo group our lesson this week was to make a page using a page out of the book we are using Artist's Journal's and Sketchbooks by Lynn Perrella. I chose page number 26 that had a hand on it. Mine came out quite differently I think but I am glad of that really.


This has acrylic paints for the background with white butterflies embossed with clear powder. I don't know why they turned color. Anyone have an idea? Did it suck up color from the paint with the heat of the gun? I don't know. Anyhow, the rest of the page was done with Pitt pens and watercolor pencils except for a few cutouts from my own photos.

9 comments:

Lorna said...

Gosh, that's beautiful, Timaree! Defintely different than p. 26. I like it better, but don't tell Lynn Whipple! :) Lorna

Carol said...

Timaree, I don't know about this project, but I sure see you in your hand. What a cool art piece. Frame worthy!

Julie said...

Wow, I really like this and I can see it in stitch and bead too! Fantastic!

beadbabe49 said...

ooo...I love this...but then you know I'm into "hands", lol!

Magpie Sue said...

I LOVE that page! You really made that hand *yours*. Excellent!

Connie Saunders said...

This page turned out great! I love the hand.

Janet said...

Timaree~

i'm on the AJS site. This hand art should be framed and printed. I'm not kidding. Wouldn't your family love that??

I think is spectacular.
x0x,
janet

Ellie said...

I love your hand, it's so colorful and intricate! Just beautiful!

fromthepines said...

This is so cool! I'm gonna bookmark and be back. Thanks for your thoughtful comments.

Cheryl