Sunday, May 18, 2008

Inchies


After being gone for the Mother's Day weekend (which meant a week really), I didn't think I'd be able to do this week's inchie for InchybyInch but I made it after all.
This week's theme was faces so I took a button blank from which I had previously removed the shank and covered with a hand painted face and glued it to my inch. Then I peyote stitched around it first with size 6 seed beads, then 2-drop number 8's and finally a round of number 11's. I added the touch of 11's to the corners to carry the brightness out to the edge.
The inchie is sooo textural and has my favorite medium (beads) on it so I couldn't be more happy with it. Maybe I'll glue a magnet to the back of this one and put it on my fridge.

10 comments:

The Lone Beader said...

This is adorable!

Fiona Whitehead said...

This is stunning - what patience you must have to be able to put all those beads in place. Thanks for joining in with the challenge.

Sian said...

Gorgeous little inchy, your bead work is soooo neat!

Mary Timme said...

One should always keep the best work for yourself. . .at least for a little while!

abeadlady said...

Oh, yes! Now we're talking Inchies. LOL. Of course I think everything should be beaded.

Arline

Fannie said...

Your bead work is great! Isn't it amazing how much you can add to an inch square?

Carol said...

Wow

Love it also all your beady creations on your other blog are aweinspiring

Thanks for your kind comments on my inchie :-)

Crayons said...

Hi Freebird,
I love this one! I admire your dexterity. Drawing I can do. Beading is beyond me.

Jennifer said...

This is so cool! Looks like a colorful sun ... definitely need to turn this into a magnet so you can leave it out to brighten up your day. Lovely!

linda stokes said...

Cute inchie, would look great as a magnet.
Thanks for your visit & comment to my blog.