Thursday, May 22, 2008

One Year of Blogging


Wow. I have been blogging for one year as of May 18th! I didn't realize it until I checked after visiting Grace's blog Gracebeading. She is celebrating her one-year anniversary so I thought I'd better check out when I started. On May 18, 2007, I made my first post: Hi! I am on my first flight with the blogging world. Joining a beading journal group got me into this. Please excuse me if I ruffle a few feathers. I would like some smooth soaring but computers are a challenge to me. Here goes......... whee! Well it has been an eagle's flight! I've soared to places and people I never dreamed to and have grown so much, enjoyed so much and learned so much! I've made new friends, joined new groups and have even taken classes after finding mentions of this or that on someone or another's blog. What a world we live in! It's wonderful and amazing. Don't you agree?

Like so many others who have reached a milestone on blogging whether it's one year or 100 posts, I want to celebrate. Time for a tea party (yeah, I am one wild kind of party gal!) so leave me a comment telling me what your favorite tea is (or party beverage for you wild ones out there) and on the evening of May 31st I will pick 3 names from my party hat for prizes.

The third name drawn will receive the first ATC I made which falls right into the theme of my celebration - Tea For Two.

The second name drawn will receive my sea glass fabric ATC which I call Sea Anemones.

The first name drawn (I did this in reverse order as that is how my pictures lined up on the right - I really am not contrary!) will receive something I am working on right now. You can see the start of it on the right. I am not sure how it will turn out so I started two just in case (even after almost a year of doing bead embroidery I am still unsure about a piece). I plan to turn it into a
magnet but I can leave it off till the first name drawn tells me she/he wants it like that.

So, are we ready to party? Leave me a comment and a way to get back to you in case your name is drawn.

18 comments:

abeadlady said...

Congrats on your 1 year blogging anniversary. Isn't it amazing when you think of all we have learned and shared in the last year? My favorite tea is Chai. I like it hot, cold or any old way.

Arline

Dee D said...

Congratulations on your one year. I did post an initial blog about this time last year but then erased it. Only got serious about blogging after all the beading was done! Black coffee is my drink of choice.

vivage said...

Yay, for blogging and yay for blogging anniversaries!

My fave drink for a tea party is strong black tea with milk and sugar.

My fave everyday drink is latte with NO foam.

Both yum.

P.S. Nice work on the ATC's.

EMBELLISHER said...

Congratulations on the first anniversary of blogging and I thought you were blogging for years. Here's to many more posts.
My favourite tea is a big cup of Darjeeling tea, perfectly brewed with no additions of milk or sugar to deter from the flavour of the tea.

Cyndi L said...

Happy happy blogiversary, my friend :-) Beading and blogging just seem to go together, don't they?

Mary Timme said...

I'm so happy you've done so well. I think a lot people doing the BJP are new to this and it is fun to see how they've grown. It is probably all a plot by Robin to get us all blogging.

CC said...

Congrats on your 1st anniversary!! Me too, tomorrow I think! That Robin! What she got us to do! :)
My fave tea is Bengal Spice...when I drink tea! I'm usually more of a wine kinda girl...or on hot days in the sun...Mudslides! Yummmy!
Don't ya love inchies? I've seen a little quilt made out of them somewhere on the blogosphere! :)
Warmest aloha,
CC

James said...

Wow, you've done a lot of nice work since last I looked!

My favorite tea is Tea Nuh. Sweet, of course.

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

Yay! Congratulations on your blogaversary! Fave tea? I'm a huge fan of ANY tea with CAFFEINE. lol Way to party eh? Well, there is always long island ice tea, but I admit I have never tried it... maybe for your party I'll try a sip? ;)

I wanted to say since it seems an appropriate thing to do here that I've really enjoyed meeting you in cyberland and thank you for your friendly company this past year. Your blog has been filled with inspiration, decorated in art and full of humor. Thank you! for sharing your world with us. Art on, Monica :)

Jacq said...

Congatulations on your first of many years. I have enjoyed reading your blod on a regular basis. My favorite tea is Morrocan Mint. (reminds me of my childhood)

Phyl said...

Congratulations on your first year of blogging!It's
all just wonderful, isn't it?!Thanks for adding my name to the pot for your great drawing!LOVE the little beaded teacup!

KV said...

Happy anniversary, Timaree! Amazing how far we all have come with blogging in the past year -- even my grown kids are impressed.

I love all kinds of tea but my first preference of drink is coffee and lots of it!


Kathy V in NM

GraceBeading said...

Hooray and happy anniversary to you too! I love all kinds of tea. Lately I have been enjoying teas by The Republic of Tea (get some zzz's in particular). I really want to try the flowering teas that I first saw on Pat Winter's blog - especially after I bought them as a gift for a friend and she LOVES them.
But my all time favorite tea is Faerie Song Tea by Stone Rose Naturals. I bought many years ago in Mother's Market in Costa Mesa, CA - I have not be able to find it since.

Diana said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I love earl grey for my tea parties. The bergamot goes so well with ginger lemon and shortbread cookies! I still drink coffee for my morning brew but I'm trying to move to a healthier Bancha tea.

Paul Sears Photography said...

Wonderful! Congratulations on your anniversary!

Rosie said...

Congrats on a year of blogging! I've not celebrated anything yet - too busy blogging!!! Love your beadwork! ;-]

Magpie Sue said...

Well, good on you! You've come a long way baby!

I just had my first 'blogiversary' too but didn't have the energy to do more than note it in pasing. Now I'm thinking I'll do a give-away in honor of my birthday coming up in June :- )

I'm not much of a tea drinker but when I do it's Women's Liberty from Traditional Medicinals. Most of the time I'm drinking Crystal Geyser's lemon flavor sparkling mineral water.

Fannie said...

Congratulations, Freebird! Many more years to come. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad to have met you.