Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Inchies

I have finished my inchie for Inchybyinch this week. Pretty early too! The theme was places and for me there was no hesitation. California. To be more exact, it would be southern California.

I cut out an image from a catalog, glued it to a piece of card, used a sharpie pen to edge it and added the words. I wanted to add "right back where I started from" but there is only so much room on an inchie, after all!

They don't have to be difficult or fancy. They can be beaded like my last one, hand drawn like the one before it or collaged like this one. They can even be made of fabric but any which way, they are fun to do. Try it yourself. Go to the link at the top of this post and see what you can do.

5 comments:

Fiona Whitehead said...

What a great image - I could do with some of that California sun right now. Thanks for joining in with the challenge again.

AngelaC said...

I love this inchy - what a wonderful image!

SammieJay said...

I wonder how many of us will choose the beach and the places we come from for our inchies? I wanted to add some text: "I'm just a Cromer crab at heart" -but as you there is only so much little?) room on an inchy!
Love
SammieJay

Magpie Sue said...

I could use a little southern California right about now too ;- )

Both of your latest inchies are great!

Carole said...

I like it.