Friday, September 19, 2008

September BJP08



I have my September BJP08 page done! I am so happy. I really hate getting behind as it seems you never catch up. (As in my last page from 2007 which still isn't done - but now I have the rest of this month to work on it).

My color is yellow. Yep that's pretty obvious. The gifted beads I used are:

  1. The mexican tubular bead from my daughter Tena.
  2. The three small cubes at the top are from my son James.
  3. The dark, matte seed beads making up the circles are from Grace.
  4. The 3 tiniest brass beads are from my niece Katie.

I don't think I will have so many gifted beads to use on most of my pages and none at all on some (where I will have to come up with something I make) but this made a very good start to the year.

This piece is measured 1 3/4 x 2 1/2 or one half of an ATC card before trimming and adding the edging. It's just a tiny bit bigger now.

I have two children and so I added the two hearts on this piece. I had no idea how this would turn out. In fact, I ended up turning it upside down at the end just before adding the hearts as it seemed to look better that way. That means the bird on the mexican bead is upside down now but I still like how it looks.

Now to start getting supplies out for the next page, draw a fairy my granddaughter challenged me to and finish my last 07 page.

22 comments:

Tracey N. said...

Oh how pretty! i cant say yellow is one of my favorite colors, but it sure looks nice on your page! What great symbolism too with the hearts and gifted beads! Way to go! Tracey

GraceBeading said...

Timaree... I LOVE it! It is beautiful, such a happy feeling piece and the beading so precise. I look forward to seeing what you do with your next page.

KV said...

Those yellows just make a body smile all over! Beautiful job, Timaree . . .


Kathy V in NM

Beadin' Gram/aka Jackie said...

This is just wonderful -- you have done such a lovely job of beading - and I love the colors -- so fallish. Can't wait to see your next piece.

sam said...

I think your piece is beautiful and happy. I really like it and look forward to seeing what else comes through your needle.

pam T said...

wow, LOVE the yellow - it's like a big burst of happiness! Very eye catching.

pam T (WI)

Lillian said...

Hi Timaree,

I love yellow and all that you incorporated into it that's special to you makes it even better!

To inchies, Lillian :o)

Janet said...

That is beautiful....and I'm usually not a yellow person. But this is so happy and bright and it just makes me smile.

Michelle said...

Very pretty I love the Yellows.

heidibeads said...

I like the different textures, and different yellows. Wonderful - it sure looks much bigger that you say. It make sme happy.

Susan U said...

NICE! I like the juxtaposition of the circular and the linear. Very striking.

CC said...

freebird! I love this!!! It's just beautiful! I love all the texture in it! Keep it up!
Warmest aloha,
CC

Robin said...

I LOVE this cheerful yellow piece! It makes me feel happy to look at it.. the circles for unity and completion, the square for stability, the hearts for love, the gift beads for friendship... OK, I know, I'm making all of that up. I find myself wanting to touch it, to run my finger over the textures and lines of it. Can't believe you got so much detail and fun into such a small space... As I said, I love it! Robin A.

abeadlady said...

This just makes me smile, it's so cheerful! Great texture and design.
Arline

freebird said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. Yellow is not everyone's favorite color I know. Maybe because except for the palest of yellows, a little bit goes a very long way and it's easy to overdo it. I'll be by to visit you all if I haven't been already.

Kelly said...

Yellow is a good color, just not on me. I love it! Such great work.

carolann said...

Wow this is stunning hun well done xxxx

brenco1 said...

Wonderful design and color. You really give me a challenge - so much beautiful beadwork. Now back to work on getting mine finished.

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi Timaree...I haven't taken the time yet to visit other blogs on the BJP this year, but wanted to come by and finally say hello today! I enjoyed your beadwork and stories from last year!

You are off to a great start this year! Your piece is beautiful and full of sunshine! I love that you chose to use gifted beads...that makes it a very special piece!

I look forward to seeing your last page from last year and your October piece!!!

~Lisa ;-)

Satu-Marja said...

Wonderful work!
This is all sun shine!

Sandy said...

Very nice and special to use the gifted beads.

mariasangel said...

yellow may not be my fave, but it's still good--we'll let it in the tree house ;) your sept piece is beautiful! and I love the deep meaning behind the beads/charms themselves! --Maria