Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Crazy Quilt ATCs

While making my new bedspread I took a bit of a break. I took some of the smaller scraps and sewed them to a long strip of backing fabric so I could make some ATCs and inchies from them. I drew the different pieces onto the finished strip and am now decorating them. Then I will stitch them to their backing. You can see the pieces of sea glass to the left and how I have beaded around them below. I want to add some kind of ruffle to at least one of these as they look like they could become sea anemones to me. One card just has to have a frog on it and I am adding tidbits to the others. You can see the pencil lines showing the outline of each unit if you click on a picture and see the enlarged version.

Guess I'd better get busy and finish these. It seems I keep adding projects rather than finishing projects!

5 comments:

Sue in western Washington, USA said...

Looks like Fun! Piecing scraps can be addictive, can't it?!

daydreamstudios said...

I was just chuckling at your "take a break" to sew some scraps. It's funny how we get distracted and before lone there are 10 different projects going and the work area looks like a bomb went off...lol
Karla
You're invited!!!!

What: A Blog Party

Where: http://daydreamstudios.blogspot.com/2008/02/welcome-to-my-humble-blog.html

When: Now thru next Tuesday

Why: Becuase I made it to 100 posts (wasn't sure I'd make it past 3)

Time: My blog never sleeps, so come when you can.

Who: You of course, bring a friend too.

P.S.: I have a present to give away!

Maggie R said...

Now that we have OWOH over with I am trying to catch up on my visiting.Your blog is very inspiring. Lots to see.
These crazy patch strip are a great idea.... They will be perfect for your ATC's and inchies.
Love it!
I snickered when you mentioned unfinished projects. I have so many I doubt I will ever catch up. My daughters warned me not to leave a bunch of unfinishjed quilts laying aroud!!!! EEK won't they be surprised some day... one way or the other! Lets hope
"Someday" doesn't come too soon !!! VBG
(((((hugs)))))
maggie

flyingstars said...

lovely work!

The Lone Beader said...

It's like a collage of fabrics! I like it! :D