Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mr. Roger's Neighborhood


Did you know tomorrow, the 20th would have been Mr. Roger's 80th birthday? 1000 Faces of Mother Henna is having a sortof celebration and you can be in on it. Although it's very late to do this it doesn't take much. Just make some sort of art involving a sweater and post the link over at Mother Henna's. Then we can see what everyone has done to celebrate. I am posting this now and then I will go do my something. Hmmm, what will it be?

The 20th is also my mother's birthday. She would have been 84 years old. I know she is with me in spirit and has a new birthday into heaven but I still think of her on the one I knew. Happy Birthday Mom! She taught me Handmade Is Good. I thank her for that although I gave her a bad time about wanting perfection. I don't do perfect but she was good at it.


Well, I got my pieces done. The first is a picture of knitting needles on a red sweater I made. Anyone for pik-up stiks!!
The second is a composition I came up with and it really is a sweater (albeit a partially made one) in a jar. These took me about 2 hours to think of, photograph, and finish up. Go ahead, you can do one!

4 comments:

1,000 Faces of MotherHenna said...

Wonderful, wonderful! I love it! I'll do the tribute post tomorrow night and add links in a main entry then... I looooove the red sweater with the knitting needle pick up sticks! Brilliant :)

Thanks for playing!
miracles,
k-

Janet said...

Both of these are really cute ideas. I especially like the sweater in a jar!!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Oh these are so cute
and creative!

Have a Bless Easter and
Year!!!

Sue in western Washington, USA said...

I love the sweater in a jar! Good job!