Friday, March 14, 2008

Healing Card


I signed up to do a couple of cards for a deck of healing and wellness cards on Mother Henna's blog One Thousand Faces of Mother Henna . The posting about it is here . This is my first card. I was going to wait until I had done a few and then let people vote on them but I really liked this one and when my more conservative sister did too (she found a lot of spiritual meanings in it for herself) I decided I would just go for it. Now, if Mother Henna were to not care for it, I would gladly change it but I would still keep it for myself (gotta send a print to my sister for helping me decide). Guess I was afraid to do what my card says! That's me, a little chicken stuck on the ground when I want to fly!
I saw a quote in Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion Feb/Mar issue. The quote by Marcel Duchamp said: "I don't believe in art. I believe in artists." Well, I thank Mother Henna for taking a chance on me. I will try my best not to have her regret it.
The background for this card came from some journal preparation I talked about in a previous post . I kept the odd pieces just in case and when I thought about this project I knew I wanted to use one of these pieces for it. It just had so much more going for it than a plain background. It seems to be full of life and energy which we all need for really soaring to our best selves. I added a bird I cut out of a folded piece of paper and my words written on tissue. All I have to do now is sign and date the back of it.

10 comments:

abeadlady said...

I like this one a bunch! I looked at that blog about this, but I have too much else going right now.

Arline

Hummingbird Chats said...

I love it, it is so pretty. I love looking at your work. Keep up all the good work..Katie

Hélène H said...

It's a wonderful card, the colours, the words, everything ! I find it very inspiring too.

1,000 Faces of MotherHenna said...

Freebird, I loooooove it! Birds are another favorite of mine -- and this is so beautiful. Can't wait to see it in person :) Thank you thank you! I'm adding the link to the deck swap post now...
Many miracles to you!
k-

judie said...

Wow, love the card!

Mary Timme said...

I think the card is beautiful. Go for it!

Sue in western Washington, USA said...

Let me just add my voice to the choir and say that I think it's a wonderful card too :- )

Regina said...

Very beautiful! Such a feeling of freedom it gives the viewer - can't wait to see the finished desk of cards!

Leah said...

the card is beautiful! and i love the message too! :-)

freebird said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. They make me feel like I made a good choice.