Friday, January 18, 2008

November BJP Completed

Happy Birthday to me....

This is my birthday month so I did a page on that subject. It's true that in every life a little rain must fall but remember that every cloud has a silver lining!!

This page is a reflection on three of my birthdays. The first is the birthday I turned six years old. I was a first grader and rather timid. My mother said my sister and I (her birthday was pretty close to mine) could each invite a few school friends for a birthday party. I took the invitations to school and when others than the ones who got them asked if they could come I didn't know what to say so I said "sure!" I never said anything to my mother as details have never been something I have been good with. On the day of the party my mother was REALLY surprised when all the kids showed up! I don't remember details of the party (of course) but I do remember it was the last real party I ever had. So this was one reason for the cloud.

The next birthday I'll tell you about is my tenth. It's a very simple story; I was playing with my dolls on our front porch. Our house was very small especially to hold eight people so I escaped to the porch to play. Back then (too many years ago) the rainy season actually started around October and so it was a beautifully (if not too damp) rainy day for me, my dolls, and my musings. I was hoping so badly my mother would have understood all my hints and would give me the Italian doll I accidentally found on the shelf in her closet. She did and the doll became Dolly and was my favorite forever. See clouds do have silver linings!

The last birthday is recorded only because it happened while I was part of the BJP. So, there are 54 candles around the edges of this page to commemorate this year. I made them in many colors as I just love color and the more of it the better. I don't know whether this is a "rain must fall" or "cloud with a silver lining" event. It's been a good year getting to be a part of a good group on the internet but it is my 54th year and that is not small stuff so you decide for yourself which it is.

Hope you enjoyed my musings and now I need to start December before I get further behind!!



13 comments:

KV said...

First of all, happy belated birthday to you! This is a wonderful, heartwarming page, Timaree -- makes me smile!


Kathy V in NM

Linsart said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ! Make a wish ........
Linda
linsart

a2susan said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your 54th year! Susan

beadbabe49 said...

happy birthday! I love all the colored candles too...and I'm 58...is that a lot more serious than 54, ya think?

Rachel Murphree said...

Oh so colorful and wonderful...I love to see the detail in your work in the larger view. and your stories are wonderful...I have kids in kinder/1st and I can just imagine what thoughts would be going through my head if loads of extra kids showed up for their parties! Rachel in El Paso, TX

Sue in western WA said...

Congratulations on getting a BJP done! My hat's off to you ;- )

Love the candles all around the image. Good job!

Hélène H said...

I love your stories and I love your page, it's very thoughtful yet full of light and good humour.

Tally said...

***Happy Birthday***

All in all it seems to me that you made something cheerful to honor yourself.
:-Tally-:

freebird said...

Thank you all for your comments. I feel like I celebrated my birthday all over again!

Barb said...

Happy birthday! May this be the best year ever! Very nice piece, too. (And I'd like just a little slice!)

The Lone Beader said...

I really like your birthday cake! That is fab!!

Also, thanks for adding Rudy to your blog! He looks right at home:)

freebird said...

I wish I could send everyone a slice of cake. Think how we'd be celebrating if we could do that! But it has been great to be part of such a great group, so I am happy for the sharing in our blogs without getting a piece of cake!

Robin said...

Well, I really like all of your pieces so far, but this might be my favorite. The 54 candles just tickle my fancy! Thanks for your birthday stories. It's great that working on BJP pieces make us have and share our memories. May this be a no rain year!